Pattern Reviews> Bramcost Publications> One Hour Dress-1924 (One Hour Dress -1924)

Reviewed by:jannw

About jannwstarstarstarstar
WA USA
Member since: 9/3/06
Posted on:10/13/10 11:35 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
SJ Kurtz said... (7/26/15 2:16 AM) Reply
Thanks, I have been thinking about this 'pattern' for years and haven't committed to it. There are many variations of this book/pattern on the 'net, but they all follow the same pattern blank. Really appreciate your review for this one.
vintagedancer said... (10/18/10 3:09 PM) Reply
I completely agree with your review. The pattern is not entirely easy to follow, runs to big, the waist is to high, and the basic dress is really boring. I've made two and it doesn't get easier the second time- although the prettier you try and make it the more time consuming it is : )
Iwannasew said... (10/16/10 7:42 PM) Reply
I've been hoping someone would post a review of this pattern. I'd like to make a dress to wear in our 1920s Model T, but relatively simple, non-flapper 1920s patterns seem to be rare. Your dress looks very nice. Thanks for sharing!
G_l_e_n_d_a said... (10/13/10 5:24 PM) Reply
Very cute!
FreyaStark said... (10/13/10 4:44 PM) Reply
Most intriguing.
renren said... (10/13/10 4:42 PM) Reply
I love it, dropped waist, cut on sleeves, neckline and all! The book looks quite interesting, too, so thanks for bringing that to the PR community's attention!
treefrog said... (10/13/10 4:38 PM) Reply
Looks great Jan. I hope you can catch your neighbours as I think it will look wonderful on you.
jannw said... (10/13/10 1:16 PM) Reply
I'm trying to catch some of my neighbors at home..they are all gone ..I think it does look better on me than the dressform..makes my dressform look quite heavy.
moushka said... (10/13/10 12:59 PM) Reply
What an interesting piece of clothing history! I'd love to see the dress on you. If I were thinner, I'd give this dress a try. I love the idea of using your measurements to draft a dress. If you make a tunic, please post a picture. Thanks for the review.

Ottobre Design Magazine 04-2012-37