Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5285 (Misses' Skirt)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08

Posted on:10/27/10 9:49 PM
Last Updated:10/30/10 4:01 PM

AnitaJJ said... (11/1/10 4:31 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. Your changes to the pattern enhanced it tremendously. Looks much nicer than the pattern. Nice job.
DKG said... (10/31/10 2:05 AM) Reply
I love the swishness of your skirt. Nice touch doing away with the waist band. I like the seriousness of the fabric contrasting with the loosness of the pattern, and you've done a great job with the hem too.
Michele Lommasson said... (10/30/10 9:28 PM) Reply
You made an absolutely great looking skirt.
MNBarb said... (10/30/10 5:45 PM) Reply
You took a so-so pattern and made it into something really nice. I love the way the fabric just looks like it's gliding around you. The waistband elimination results in such a nice, smooth fit and finish.
Christas said... (10/30/10 4:07 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt! It looks great with your boots!
maryfrana said... (10/30/10 11:47 AM) Reply
Beautifully made skirt. I too like to face waists instead of using a band. This looks fabulous with the boots.
renren said... (10/30/10 7:57 AM) Reply
Just perfectly lovely with those delicious pleats and the change at the waist. But I'm looking at the hemline, too, and I don't know what you did but it looks perfect. Machine stitched? Faced? Well, I guess I'll never know but it looks very nice. Great project and the boots make the perfect pairing (but so would ballerina flats, too, I'll bet).
ClaireEmily said... (10/28/10 5:51 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks lovely. I love the length and the faced waist gives a lovely smooth line.
Mahogany Stylist said... (10/28/10 10:52 AM) Reply
Great looking skirt. The facing is a perfect alternative to the shapeless waistband.
Jane S said... (10/28/10 10:31 AM) Reply
Love the fit then flow of this skirt. And your faced skirt is so much sleeker. Beautiful!
sewmytime said... (10/28/10 3:22 AM) Reply
I love it!
Annette1 said... (10/28/10 1:54 AM) Reply
You've got the perfect figure to show off this skirt. :o) I love the stitched pleats, and your faced waist is a real winner. (I like your boots, too. You might say I have a REAL PROBLEM with boots ... as in WAY TOO MANY, yet I keep buying more!) :o)
marec said... (10/28/10 0:13 AM) Reply
Thank you!!!! I needed a nudge to get me away from waistbands on skirts and *some* pants. Your skirt is just lovely and I really like the facings. I'm going to try this on a skirt. Really nice Terri!
persevering said... (10/27/10 11:40 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt! Thanks for sharing especially what you did to eliminate the waistband and add the facing.
Lori V said... (10/27/10 11:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt.
Patti B said... (10/27/10 10:51 PM) Reply
Oh my, this is a perfect example of a garment that looks SO much better than the pattern envelope! I like your change to a faced waistband. Looks great with your boots too -- and swishy fun to wear.

SewBaby Double Duty Bag Pattern