Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Joplin Pullover (Joplin Pullover)

Reviewed by:marec

About marecstarstarstarstar
AZ United States
Member since: 5/11/08
Posted on:10/18/10 8:36 PM
Last Updated:10/18/10 10:17 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

marec said... (10/19/10 8:11 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone, and Izzie-your top is so cute. Looking at your photos I do believe I sewed the collar hood on the wrong side (ie inside out). If I make this again (HA) I'm sending it to you to finish the collar :-)
Izzie said... (10/19/10 12:54 PM) Reply
Aw, too bad you had problems with this. You came out with a cute top though. I just went back and read my review and remembered that I sewed one of the pieces upside down and had to rip it out...maybe that was your problem with the "hood"? As I recall, it was really easy to get those pattern pieces mixed up.
Michele Lommasson said... (10/19/10 12:39 PM) Reply
Your top looks just great! I think some of the sewing workshop patterns are a bit iffy. There are often quirky little oddities to deal with. Looks like you certainly came out on top with this one!
marthamyers said... (10/19/10 9:35 AM) Reply
Wow! great recovery. Your fabric is TDF and your result is great on you. What hard work to get there. I'll definitely skip this pattern, Mary, though I am practically a SW groupie. I usually love all their patterns, but this one is clearly a dud. Thanks for sharing your experience. It's so tempting to post only the happiest results. This is a good reminder to me.
FreyaStark said... (10/19/10 2:13 AM) Reply
Sorry you had such a bad experience but thanks for the alert, and I hope you get some wear out of the top.
renren said... (10/19/10 0:52 AM) Reply
Looks good and I'll bet you will enjoy it on your extended camping trip. Fabric is great, too. (I think I may have a SW pattern and now I'm a little concerned. However, most likely I will forget by the time I attempt to sew it--if ever.) Rock on, marec, rock on. That's all we can do.
Jennifer shaw said... (10/19/10 0:50 AM) Reply
I do like the fabric and the color on you. Is there any way it can be salvaged??
Annette1 said... (10/19/10 0:50 AM) Reply
NICE SAVE on this one! I think I like it better without the sleeves anyway. :o) If YOU couldn't figure out the hood, I'm not even going to attempt it -- ha! It's really CUTE and makes the outfit!
AnitaJJ said... (10/19/10 0:39 AM) Reply
Sorry you had such a struggle with the pattern, but gosh that fabric is fresh and beachy breezy... and in the end, the vest over long sleeve T really looks super cute and flattering on you (and the pale blue looks really nice on you too)! I love it.
sfshaza said... (10/18/10 9:16 PM) Reply
Awwww, marec, I'm sorry this was a dud of a pattern for you. I have this pattern and it does look like it has potential, but I will be very careful if I ever attempt it.

by: FreyaStark