Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 00006 (Modernized Vietnamese AODAI)

Reviewed by:cloudyhn

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

cloudyhn said... (10/22/10 7:37 PM) Reply
Thanks to all of you. I hope my review brought to you something about Vietnam, about what I'm proud of, and that you are getting to know through my review or self- educated something more about a small part of the world - Vietnam, my country....
AnitaJJ said... (10/22/10 12:33 PM) Reply
What a beautiful garment. I looked it up on wikipedia and now, like the other reviewers have more knowledge about the aodai. You are very creative and have created a beautiful aodai.
sewbehind said... (10/22/10 11:10 AM) Reply
Stunning on you. Thanks for the story about ADOI. I hope you are thinking about fashion design! You are talented!
ConnieBJ said... (10/21/10 5:04 PM) Reply
Holy WOW!!
AuntieShel said... (10/21/10 11:32 AM) Reply
OMG, this is so stunning!!!! Thank you so much for reviewing this Aodai. I noticed this was your profile pic, but could not see it very clearly, so was so happy you reviewed. Truly inspiring, I can't even say. Please say more about ironing interfacing to the edges of the cut Aodai for machine stitching and then removing it for hand stitching. I am guessing that the interfacing was not caught in the machine stitching. The other amazing thing about your Aodai is the fabric and how you brilliantly cut it out to take utmost advantage of the print. So amazing, thank you so much for sharing.
Mrs. Brown said... (10/21/10 10:18 AM) Reply
I am in awe of your ability and creativity.
carolynw said... (10/20/10 8:51 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous - such great work
candicer said... (10/20/10 10:17 AM) Reply
The fabric here is so gorgeous! Beautiful pattern - love the AODAI! Will have have to google it to find out more.
cloudyhn said... (10/20/10 8:54 AM) Reply
Thank you. There 's link to the photo album in my review. You will see more photos for details...
valerie sews said... (10/20/10 4:17 AM) Reply
You should be proud! This is a lovely dress. I would have liked to see a photo of the back too.
JEF said... (10/19/10 9:32 AM) Reply
Stunning dress and wonderful review. Thanks.
Fluffy bunny said... (10/19/10 4:06 AM) Reply
This is absolutely beautiful. You really are very talented.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (10/19/10 2:29 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous. Thanks for the cultural lesson. Surely there is somewhere to wear this beautiful garment.
FreyaStark said... (10/19/10 2:06 AM) Reply
A beautiful garment, and a clever marriage of East and West, tradition and modernity.
cloudyhn said... (10/18/10 10:19 PM) Reply
Wow, thank you all so much for finding this review intersting and beautiful dress with AODAI's history. I actually made some more pants with different colors: dark purple, light green. They all look good with the dress.
marec said... (10/18/10 9:48 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this review-the AODAI is beautiful and the history of the garments was fascinating.
Kay Y said... (10/18/10 9:32 PM) Reply
Miranda said... (10/18/10 9:11 PM) Reply
rozzybabe said... (10/18/10 7:50 PM) Reply
The fabric is beautiful & the sewing & design is fabulous. You're very talented & I look forward to more unusual designs & styles. Thank you!
no7262 said... (10/18/10 7:06 PM) Reply
Like I said before...You are so talented! You and your dress are amazing! Thank you for sharing about Vietnam! Nora :)
NVK said... (10/18/10 6:50 PM) Reply
I love your AODAI. I took your advice and googled AODAI to educate myself. I found the history very interesting. Your garment is spectacular, wow! I love the fabric you used. It is fine and elegant. It fits you perfectly. You hand work is well done. Thank you for sharing your beautiful AODAI.

Lutterloh sup 282 patt 254