Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8565 (MISSES' TOP, TUNIC AND PANTS)

Reviewed by:treefrog

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

jannw said... (10/24/10 3:53 PM) Reply
I'm sorry you don't like it..I made it a while back and loved it..those figure differences again! I used an interlock, so maybe it needs a heavier fabric to hang correctly. I do like the fabric and wear it anyway..It looks comfortable for hot days and maybe you'll come to like it better.
Kayseri said... (10/22/10 11:59 PM) Reply
Like you I'm not sold on the top but the fabric is lovely. Have you thought about using the stripes vertically on a garment?
maryfrana said... (10/22/10 8:38 PM) Reply
The fabric is very nice. Even if this top doesn't feel completely successful, you could still wear it and see how people react. Sometimes it's better than you think!
fuzzygalore said... (10/21/10 6:04 AM) Reply
It's very easy for me to bloop into maternity wear too. In fact we may be body twins separated at birth, so thanks for all those good pictures that show what works well or less :-). But you really can't ever be too drapey with these pleaty patterns. I've made a few of a Japanese version and really love them, in both very light cotton voile and drapey rayon knit.

I'd try the sleeve cutting too, if you think you aren't going to wear it you can't go too wrong and an experiment is worth while. I can usually get away with pinning one sleeve away, just to take a look. But I think the worst problem may be the strong horizontal feeling of the print. I like the print mind you, and it has very nice colors, but... I think it's just wrong for that design.

treefrog said... (10/20/10 9:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments on the sleeves. I'll let you know how it goes.
katlew03 said... (10/20/10 9:10 PM) Reply
I agree with Marec. Shortening the sleeves might make you like it better. I usually shorten cut-on sleeves to a more flattering length because they tend to end at the wrong place on my upper arm.
AnitaJJ said... (10/20/10 8:30 PM) Reply
It looks very pretty, casual and comfortable. And the fabric is very pretty. Nice job.
marec said... (10/20/10 10:02 AM) Reply
treefrog, I have made this top up twice using jersey and it falls in a less maternity way. Faint praise, huh? I love the pleating at the top and the ease of wearing but this is a top I saved for kick around and chores in the house. Your fabric is pretty-wear the dang top anyway! :-) oh, I also cut the cap sleeves MUCH shorter on one and turned the second into a sleeveless. That helps the balance of the top.
renren said... (10/20/10 9:47 AM) Reply
Well, treefrog, I think it's redeemable as a kick-about the house and riding mowers in the field top, don't you? I've sewn some of those c'est la vie garments myself but nothing keeps Renren from wearing her magnificent (cough, cough) creations! Seriously, I think it's cute and I love that very interesting fabric in all those luscious shades of blue.
donna mel said... (10/20/10 8:47 AM) Reply
Cute top, but hard to really see, with the altered photo.

Elan B540