Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Sausalito Top (Sausalito Top)

Reviewed by:marec

Last Updated:10/20/10 11:47 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

cloudyhn said... (11/6/10 9:53 AM) Reply
I Love the loose style for quilted fabric. You make me feel warm and cozy just by looking at your photo :)
DorothyK said... (11/4/10 12:44 PM) Reply
Very nice top. I don't think I have ever seen this pattern before. I love the quilted fabric. Whatever you use it for, it looks great on you. I'm curious about the double overcasting stitch. Was is done on your sewing machine or serger. I don't have a serger, so I'm always interested in other ways to finish seams.
Leslie Bonner said... (10/24/10 11:22 PM) Reply
Marec, What I did with my oversized Sausalito was cut it down the middle and turned the cut edges and hemmed them. It made a very cute jacket that was much more wearable than the top.
maryfrana said... (10/23/10 12:29 PM) Reply
I think I am in love with the quilted fabric. This is a really great looking piece. I have not had the best of luck with Sewing Workshop patterns and am glad to see this one made up. I too am drawn toward Boho styles. I think this is much more stylish than a dog walking/bedjacket piece. Worn with a long skirt and small fitted top....could look great.
renren said... (10/21/10 10:02 PM) Reply
Brown is a good color for you. This will be perfect for layering this winter. Or as a bedjacket. Nice to have options like that.
sfshaza said... (10/21/10 7:49 PM) Reply
Very cute, Mary! This is a pattern I have wanted to make, but I have to be careful of where that drape hits on my bust. But it works for you!
MNBarb said... (10/21/10 4:48 PM) Reply
I like your idea of a button on the front. You could use one of those great single buttons you have in your stash (come on I know you have one). When I sewed in the 80's everything fit like this. I like it on you. If ever you have a really cold evening your husband could crawl in this jacket with you!
Annette1 said... (10/21/10 2:50 PM) Reply
I LOVE your choice of fabric. I'm not one for oversized jackets normally, but this one looks so elegant and chic on you. I bet you'll wear it LOTS!
Puppy said... (10/21/10 11:25 AM) Reply
Cute and different. For sure, brown is GREAT color for you!
marthamyers said... (10/21/10 9:14 AM) Reply
I like it on you. It's so good to read that others have less-than-fabulous results from time to time, though I actually think it's cute. Must be the great attitude!
JEF said... (10/21/10 8:29 AM) Reply
I think you were very clever to see the potential of that fabric and that pattern. It looks like a super bed jacket/walk the dog throw on. Fantastic.
Aroura said... (10/21/10 1:18 AM) Reply
Really love this top, so very original and attractive. Will make a great great quick outdoor clothing.
AnitaJJ said... (10/21/10 0:46 AM) Reply
Another very cute top!!! I love how oversized it is. Very fashionable AND comfortable. And good for your trying a pattern you were unsure of with a non-recommended fabric... your result is very nice!

Islander Sewing Systems Every Bodies Shirt