Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3397 (Skirt, shorts and Pants)

Reviewed by:TanyaMT

About TanyaMTstarstarstar
Member since: 4/28/04
Posted on:6/10/04 4:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

cynthia w said... (6/11/04 9:57 PM) Reply
Sounds like the book Pants for Real People helped out. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for this good review.
AnneM said... (6/11/04 4:00 PM) Reply
Yes, we appreciate the picture. Reviews always seem more meaningful when there is one. You did a great job; just a litlte snug, which is exactly what you were looking for! Congratulations. And that pattern certainly does fit the "wardrobe builder" category.
mag said... (6/11/04 3:14 PM) Reply
Shorts are fun to sew. You did a great job. I hope you enjoy them. I have one or two pairs of RTW, so perhaps I should get going and sew up some.
New2Oki said... (6/11/04 2:49 PM) Reply
You did a good job on these shorts! That curved hip seam sounds like something I could use. Thanks for reviewing this pattern.
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (6/11/04 8:18 AM) Reply
Your shorts look terrific! I agree, it is hard to find nice shorts "out there" for us real people.
TanyaMT said... (6/10/04 11:23 PM) Reply
Thanks, that is nice of you all. Definitely try this pattern if you are considering it. It is easy and fast, though I didn't think so when I had never tried this type of zipper before (mock fly). By the second time using the method from the Pants book though it was a breeze. The trick was ignoring the pattern directions. LOL.
Levone said... (6/10/04 9:41 PM) Reply
Your shorts turned out nice. I've had this pattern for a while now but haven't used it. Thanks for your review.
Sew it seams said... (6/10/04 8:04 PM) Reply
Yes, thankyou for posting a picture Tanya. Your shorts look nice and it looks like you did a great job on the zipper application. I missed this pattern last time I looked at the Butterick's. It looks like a good one. Thanks for your review.
Hilary said... (6/10/04 5:41 PM) Reply
These are cute, and we really appreciate you posting a pic of yourself (btw, you look good! I know how you feel, lol, I hate posting pics of myself, but it really is for the greater good :oP ) Thanks for the review, I have debated getting this pattern myself, its such a good basic style. Now I may have to get it, sigh...

Violette Field Threads Stella