Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> 0000 (Window Box Cushion)

Reviewed by:renren

About renrenstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/20/05
Posted on:10/23/10 2:54 PM
Last Updated:10/23/10 3:26 PM

AnitaJJ said... (10/25/10 9:50 AM) Reply
I love the result and your description of your philosophy... That helps me. I procrastinate something terrible and am constantly trying to rally strategies to overcome ... I like your approach. And lovely results.
Annette1 said... (10/24/10 10:40 PM) Reply
Perfect-a-mundo! I contemplated making some similar cushions at one time, although now I can't remember WHAT FOR -- ha! -- so I really admire your productivity. This is even nicer than the ones you buy, and they're so expensive. I know what you mean about worrying that you might ruin your "good" fabric, too. Seems like the more I like the fabric, the longer it takes me to cut into it. Now I'm wishing I'd saved our old curtains. :o)
treefrog said... (10/24/10 6:09 PM) Reply
You've done a great job. The piping looks so neat. I'm looking forward to seeing the matching chairs!
CynthiaSue said... (10/24/10 4:03 AM) Reply
great idea and instructions. thanks so much for adding such detailed instructions to this project.
jannw said... (10/24/10 2:02 AM) Reply
very, very nice..great use of the curtains and clear instructions
renren said... (10/23/10 8:27 PM) Reply
Mirakel, I know you can manage quite well, and although piping is not super difficult, it might be better to skip it on a first project. It does add a bit of trickiness to the project. Good luck and please show us your banquette cushions!!!
Mirakel said... (10/23/10 7:06 PM) Reply
Ah, you've inspired me! I've been thinking of making 2 banquette cushions, of my own pattern/design (hahahaha!), and now I'm sure I could do it! Not sure I'd go so far as attempting the piping, but I think I can manage the basic one, thanks!
FreyaStark said... (10/23/10 5:00 PM) Reply
Very nice. You are fortunate indeed to have some fabric to recycle rather than forking out a lot of money for new fabric, then worrying about whether your project is going to work. I've found home dec projects less interesting than dressmaking, although it is certainly satisfying when it works well.
dfr2010 said... (10/23/10 4:57 PM) Reply
Another good use for that "closet monster" you discovered! I notice you snuck the other project into the pic ... the table skirt ;)

StyleArc Tamara Knit Top