Online Sewing Class: Leather 101

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2561 (Women's Pants)

Reviewed by:starryfish

About starryfishstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 8/10/09
Posted on:10/25/10 6:57 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

dresser 123 said... (12/29/10 7:15 AM) Reply
I have made these trousers three times. first pair in stretch denim (fabricland UK). they are very comfortable but like you have wrinkles under my rear. Second time shortened back crotch by 1cm and lenghtened front crotch by 1cm, also took 1cm out of back inside leg and stretched it into front inside leg seam when I sewed it. This seemed to work but will tweak it again next time. I also made a woven pair 2 sizes larger as suggested by Jalie - they fit well except a few wrinkles in the rear. To conclude best trousers ever but looking for help with fine tuning the rear.
nicegirl said... (10/26/10 10:58 AM) Reply
Very nicely fitting trousers!
MNBarb said... (10/25/10 3:02 PM) Reply
I'm on an unending quest for a perfect pair of pants so am checking out your bum photo. I'd say you have a great fit. I don't see the wrinkles anymore so the fisheye dart must have worked. Remember, in a more fitted style of pants you need some room for sitting. Great job!
renren said... (10/25/10 1:31 PM) Reply
These look superb! Have you tried Burda pants at all? The consensus is they have a great crotch curve and so far, based on my limited experience with Burda, Butterick, and Vogue, I must agree. I'm actually wearing some Vogue pants I finished just this a.m. and I am wishing I had about 3/8 inch (oh, say .5 cm) more across the fullest part of my bottom. It's almost like I didn't clip the crotch curve, but I know I did. Oh, well, there's always the next pair, isn't there?
Restart06 said... (10/25/10 7:52 AM) Reply
They look very comfortable and know you will enjoy wearing them.

More Knits