Pattern Reviews> Burda> 3197 (T-Shirt)

Reviewed by:Tessa

About Tessastar
MB CANADA
Posted on:6/11/04 1:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
sonovice said... (9/14/04 11:03 PM) Reply
Tessa: i understand your disappointment with this top, for one thing, the shoulders run on the large side, you would have to take it off. Excess near the arms may need "scooping" leading to alteration for the enlarged armscyce -- may need to use larger sleeve size to accomodate for all these changes. At the end of the day - love the top, but feel my trial and errors were not worth it. KS2740 or Jalie 2005 are better bet for beginners.
cynthia w said... (6/11/04 9:42 PM) Reply
You are right--easing a sleeve on a knit fabric doesn't sound necessary. Thanks for reviewing even with the bad result. :(
AnneM said... (6/11/04 3:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! It is good to hear about different people's experience with the same pattern. I haven't gotten this one; I do have KS2740, though! That is going to be one of my next projects.
Annika said... (6/11/04 2:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Tessa. I almost got this pattern the other day, but the store didn't have my size in stock. Now I'm glad I didn't try to track it down elsewhere. I'd love to see a picture of your t-shirt though, so I can see what went wrong.
Hilary said... (6/11/04 1:48 PM) Reply
Tessa, sorry it didn't work out for you! My first time sewing this i put the sleeves in backwards (ugh!) and was too lazy to fix it, lol. The second time I managed to get it to fit (and I did not use facings, but bound the neck w/ self fabric). I had trouble w/ the sleeves also, and Gigi suggested trimming the sleeve/shoulder seam allowances to 1/4" and that made a huge difference. It was much easier to put together after that. That being said, if you already have another tee you like I wouldn't bother trying to fix it either! Thanks for reviewing!

Kayla Kennington 721