Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6222 (Children's/Boys' Shirt, Vest a)

Reviewed by:Gelbean

About Gelbeanstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 2/17/08
Posted on:10/27/10 9:18 AM
Last Updated:10/30/10 7:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

AnneM said... (11/4/10 6:34 PM) Reply
Yes, cutest Marine ever. What a great job on the uniform, and on the 'embroidered' name.
BlossomKyle said... (10/31/10 6:35 PM) Reply
Holy cow, Bonnie, I had no idea about all of the details! Awesome job and excellent review!
craftygamma said... (10/31/10 8:19 AM) Reply
Wow, that is a great outfit, very well done. It does my heart good that young people now want to dress up as service men & women. Except for the boyish face, he looks like he is a real marine.
marvelous said... (10/30/10 11:14 PM) Reply
The attention to detail is outstanding. It looks so much like the real thing. I know your son will get lots of use out this beyond Halloween. Bravo!
WL said... (10/30/10 8:49 PM) Reply
You really paid a lot of attention to the details. It looks amazing.
mssewcrazy said... (10/28/10 9:32 AM) Reply
This and the boy are the cutest ever. I have grandsons and at first glance at the thumbnail thought it was hunting gear. Having all grandsons I have this pattern stashed for a similar idea down the road. My oldest gs is also a size 10 rtw so the comparison was extremely helpful to me.I am most impressed with your set- very nice.
Annette1 said... (10/28/10 1:58 AM) Reply
Yes, he IS the cutest Marine ever. :o) I can't imagine that he'll be satisfied with wearing this only ONCE, you've executed it so beautifully. This reminds me of a picture I have of my brother when he was young, when he and his best friend got "GI Joe" outfits. His wasn't camo, though, AND he had a candy cane hanging out of his mouth in the picture (tough soldier)! As for me, I got my cowgirl outfit that year!
MNBarb said... (10/27/10 7:16 PM) Reply
I know your son isn't going for "cute" with his uniform but he sure is. I think you did a better job of sewing than the uniform manufacturers.
VirginiasDghter said... (10/27/10 3:27 PM) Reply
Great costume! Excellent spin off of the real thing. Nice work Gelbean and.....your handsome little son has a pretty impressive salute!
Luckylibbet said... (10/27/10 12:37 PM) Reply
Excellent job - lots of attention to detail. Good to know your son will get plenty of wear out of the pants.
bluenines said... (10/27/10 11:42 AM) Reply
very well done!. wow lots of details on this costume ,great work you are a good mom !
jent said... (10/27/10 11:02 AM) Reply
He IS the cutest Marine ever! What a little soldier! And what a lot of work and detail in this costume. I'm really impressed!

More Knits