Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> Um (Um)

Reviewed by:SoVintage

About SoVintagestar
Member since: 5/11/09
Posted on:10/27/10 7:35 PM
Last Updated:10/31/10 1:28 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
SoVintage said... (6/30/11 10:17 AM) Reply
Hi Stovakt....It was really a make it up as I went, There are 3 layer of red and 2 layers of black tulle, if you need help on your project feel free to email me at yellowribbonboutique@yahoo.com I will happy to help in anyway I can :)
Stovakt said... (12/6/10 4:27 PM) Reply
How many layers of tulle did you use and how did you figure out how to cut the layers? You did an amazing job! I love this and it's my inspiration for my school fashion show garment !!!
SoVintage said... (11/11/10 8:35 AM) Reply
Thank You Funky Seamstess....I was doing the saying the same thing while I was doing it! It was more like....NOW WHAT....LOL
The Funky Seamstress said... (11/6/10 12:33 PM) Reply
The whole time I was reading this, I was going, "Holy crap!" this is absolutely stunning. I have no words to describe how incredible this is. You are getting my vote! And pat yourself on the back while you're at it! Wow...
FullertonRegan said... (11/5/10 4:46 PM) Reply
Stellar job!!!
SoVintage said... (11/4/10 3:11 PM) Reply
Thank You, and yes I agree you would have to loose the bunny :)
AnneM said... (11/4/10 11:27 AM) Reply
Good costume, and many girls could get away with wearing it for other occasions as well - minus the bunny, I guess.
SoVintage said... (11/2/10 1:10 PM) Reply
"fantabulous" I LOVE that word! Thank You :)
BenaeQuee said... (11/2/10 11:24 AM) Reply
You did a fantabulous job on this! It's one of my favorites from the movie!
SoVintage said... (11/1/10 6:54 PM) Reply
Thank You Elizabeth, my dd thought the same thing, of course it is a mish mash of the inspiration dress and her vision of what it should be.
ElizabethDee said... (11/1/10 5:26 PM) Reply
wow! you had me at the way you re-created the fabric, let alone the dress. i like it even better than the inspiration.
SoVintage said... (10/31/10 1:30 AM) Reply
If I did it correct I just added 3 photos of my dd wearing the dress. Thank You again for the compliments
WL said... (10/30/10 8:52 PM) Reply
Can we have a photo of her wearing the dress? I'd love to see it on!
spiphany said... (10/30/10 2:18 PM) Reply
This is super lovely and you did a wonderful job figuring out how to recreate the patterns from the inspiration dress. I want one!! Your daughter is lucky to have such a wonderful seamstress for a mother.
SoVintage said... (10/30/10 11:20 AM) Reply
Thank You, My daughter inspired the changes as we went along. The house will be full of girls this afternoon getting ready for the dance, I will update the photos as soon as I get a picture of her in it!
marvelous said... (10/30/10 10:33 AM) Reply
Outstanding! Looks so much like the inspiration photo. Excellent interpretation!
cloudyhn said... (10/28/10 4:37 PM) Reply
I meant the project's photo. But it works now... Love it :)
SoVintage said... (10/28/10 4:22 PM) Reply
I will try and fix the review photo ??? hmmmm
FreyaStark said... (10/28/10 3:56 PM) Reply
Amazing! A gorgeous frock and an impressive labour of love.
cloudyhn said... (10/28/10 3:30 PM) Reply
It looks lovely ... You did a Great job, congratulations!!! The review's photo isn't enlarged...
SoVintage said... (10/28/10 1:31 PM) Reply