Pattern Reviews> Studio Kat Designs> PortaPockets (Portapockets)

Reviewed by:kv

About kv
MD USA
Member since: 9/20/02
Posted on:10/28/10 11:37 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
kv said... (8/5/14 2:09 AM) Reply
Well, I'm updating this to say that I've unloaded almost everything from my purse because of a back injury and some rotator cuff issues. Now I just keep the porta-pockets in a bag under my car seat.
Eunique said... (4/9/13 6:01 AM) Reply
I am in the process of making this, and it's helpful to read these reviews. I haven't cut my stabilizer yet because I couldn't figure out what weight they use either. So thanks for the tio
CAgirl said... (11/9/11 8:17 PM) Reply
I am beginning this project tomorrow so I appreciate your very complete review!
o3b said... (11/1/10 2:01 AM) Reply
This is a really helpful review. I bought a pattern to make already, but haven't made it yet b/c I want to customize it (including size changes, too). I know it's going to take a long time, but it should be worth having exactly what I need. It's easy enough to find premade inserts, but they don't meet my needs and I end up with lots of them --> defeats the purpose of an insert.
lesliez said... (10/29/10 1:23 PM) Reply
I've been thinking about tackling this one myself. I really like your fabric choices. Thanks for the extremely helpful review.
AnitaJ said... (10/29/10 4:15 AM) Reply
I really like how your modified purse insert turned out. I've been curious about this pattern and your review has been very helpful - lots of good info!
Aroura said... (10/28/10 5:40 PM) Reply
Congratz on our first review, you did great with the links and such! What a wonderful project!
AnnieInNYC said... (10/28/10 4:50 PM) Reply
I love this! Such a great idea, and also a great use for small fabric pieces. Your's looks fabulous. Great review!
kv said... (10/28/10 11:56 AM) Reply
I'm really proud of how I navigated the review template and all the photo links-this is my first pattern review
marec said... (10/28/10 11:52 AM) Reply
very helpful review and I like your modifications. These small projects are so "fiddley", aren't they? really cute inserts.

Sewing Workshop Riviera Shirt Pattern