Mood Fabrics

Last Updated:6/11/04 8:57 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Easy to Sew    Skirts

Muria said... (5/24/05 11:24 AM) Reply
I'm not able to see the pictures of your version, but thanks for the information on adding room in the pattern. I think this pattern is really neat, but I like a lot of movement space when I walk, so I would definitely adjust it. Thanks!
Elsy said... (9/21/04 9:50 AM) Reply
I have just completed this pattern in denim. Like this reviewer, I added a bit more ease below the hip to accommodate my stride, and I can now walk fine in it! I also moved the zip from the side seam (my side seam zips always bulge) to the right-back seam which is straighter and gave me a much smoother finish.
AnneM said... (6/12/04 4:02 PM) Reply
I don't remember noticing this pattern before (here is the URL for the pattern pic ). I like it a lot; I really need to spend a little more time looking through the Burda catalogue. Very nice; her's aren't the colors I would pick, but then again I don't wear orange. :) Oh, and I'm glad to hear that your school still has sewing classes, also.
Danvillegirl said... (6/12/04 6:42 AM) Reply
Both are nice skirts. Glad to read of your daughter's enthusiasm for sewing. Wish they taught more of this in school.
jlg said... (6/12/04 5:45 AM) Reply
Very nice. I've had this pattern forever, and you've inspired me to give it a try.
Teri said... (6/11/04 11:10 PM) Reply
Those skirts are great. I am so glad someone somewhere is learning to sew in school!
KitnRose said... (6/11/04 10:47 PM) Reply
How much fun! Her's looks excellent, not at all like a student's. And I love yours. I can totally sympathize with pattern dyslexia, though I prefer side zippers on my right side. My left hand is very clumsy. But, yeah, definately had those times of realizing I cut stuff out totally wrong. :)
Meredith P said... (6/11/04 9:45 PM) Reply
I like them both, too. The contrasting fabric makes the seam lines "pop", as you mentioned. I am glad that there are students interested and teachers teaching in school.
candyo said... (6/11/04 8:59 PM) Reply
That is fabulous! I"m almost 27 and I'd totally wear both of those!

Violette Field Threads Stella