Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3567 (Tops)

Reviewed by:lyndle

About lyndlestar
Member since: 3/19/06
Posted on:10/30/10 6:07 AM
Last Updated:10/30/10 6:09 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
KiwiWendy said... (12/31/10 10:49 PM) Reply
I just bought this to make a rashie too. I don't think I'm going to get away with a dartless FBA
hazelnut said... (11/5/10 7:59 PM) Reply
Thank you for your thorough review - it's very helpful! You did a great job with your serger and with the fit. We have similar shapes and I've always stayed away from raglan in RTW, but now I'm tempted to give a KS raglan a try. Well done... and they are called rash tops here too. :)
KathySews said... (11/1/10 6:19 PM) Reply
very nice. I agree with Annette1, you don't want a dart and I also thought of gathering on the side where dart would start. No worries on this top
Jane S said... (11/1/10 7:35 AM) Reply
Great top for such fun days to come. Enjoy!
Auntchelle said... (11/1/10 6:03 AM) Reply
Great rashie. For shape and volume Ottobre often uses clear elastic in the bigger sizes rather using a dart. This gathers the longer front piece to the same length as the back. Maybe that would work in this type of top?
Annette1 said... (10/31/10 1:37 AM) Reply
A great review, and a lovely top, as well -- and SPF 50, to boot! I know what you mean about not wanting to wrestle with a dart in a particular fabric. I have, a couple of times, run a gathering stitch at the side seam instead of folding in a dart. I'm not sure if I've done it quite RIGHT, but it seems to have worked all right, and I was able to avoid a dart. This is a great pattern! I'm thinking maybe I need one -- ha!
JEF said... (10/30/10 11:18 PM) Reply
I think it looks great!
mhk3boys said... (10/30/10 2:16 PM) Reply
I think your top looks awesome!
michellep74 said... (10/30/10 11:49 AM) Reply
Great top!
FreyaStark said... (10/30/10 7:29 AM) Reply
It looks pretty good to me, and a nice neat fit. The colour is great.
mssewcrazy said... (10/30/10 7:27 AM) Reply
I never noticed this pattern but like it. Thanks for all the info on its fit.
renren said... (10/30/10 6:38 AM) Reply
Excellent review! Oh, yes, kayaking and mucking about in the water--what an excellent way to spend your time. "There is nothing--absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows And you will be well-outfitted in your SPF sun protection top! Very nice.

by: LM2HYD