Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1215 (Misses' Shirt And Pants)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:10/31/10 7:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
stsimon said... (12/4/12 9:08 AM) Reply
I agree that the fly-front placket directions are totally confusing. I did this sort of buttonhole application once before and swore I'd never do it again. I have a silk blouse with one and it makes sense for a thin fabric but it's absurd unless you use a plain fabric and want to keep the clean line that focuses on the tucks.
PattyE said... (10/20/11 7:02 PM) Reply
I just made this top last month using an ivory silk crepe. I also thought that the placket instruction was a little confusing since I had just done another project with a similar placket and that one seemed much more straightforward in the instructions. Anyway your's looks great.
Sue Parrott said... (9/10/11 10:07 PM) Reply
I really love this pattern. I just purchased it and can't wait to try it. I am a little intimated by the tucks on the top but will most likely use a muslin first to perfect a few things like the bound button holes, placket, and the tucks. Thanks for a great review!
Marylu said... (1/1/11 4:56 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks truly elegant. I have been thinking about this pattern (I must say I'm particularly attracted by the pants - they look simple but elegant and I like the idea of the lining instructions being included) but I like the look of the shirt too. It would be a learning curve for me - but maybe worth it. The thing is, I'm 6'1" tall and would have to lengthen the pattern. From your experience of the pattern - would that be feasible?
WJean said... (11/28/10 10:15 PM) Reply
Glad to see this pattern reviewed. The color is great and if you tell no one about your buttonhole issues, I am sure they will never know! I would like to know something about the fit of this shirt, particularly, through the shoulders. I look forward to your response.
JETrinity said... (11/1/10 8:16 PM) Reply
I have looked at this pattern and wondered about the difficulty. I really want to make this and thank you for your comments.
moushka said... (11/1/10 7:42 PM) Reply
Fabulous shirt, those tucks are wonderful and it's a beautiful colour. Can't believe you did bound buttonholes in a hidden placket, but I can see what great practice it would be. Excellent review.
lamstu said... (11/1/10 10:27 AM) Reply
So interesting and in such a great color! I'm still trying to decide about this pattern - would love to see a photo of you wearing it, especially the back views.
AuntieShel said... (11/1/10 10:20 AM) Reply
Wow, you did an awesome job on this blouse. It looks perfect!! Thanks for pointing out this pattern.
FreyaStark said... (11/1/10 4:12 AM) Reply
A stylish and distinctive shirt.
mm said... (11/1/10 3:19 AM) Reply
I have bought this pattern so I am delighted to see your review. Great sewing and great fabric. I am impressed.

Understanding Interfacings