Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1194 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Gemaki

Posted on:11/6/10 8:03 AM
Last Updated:11/7/10 1:22 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Robin Denning said... (12/4/10 9:41 PM) Reply
beautiful dress! I saw your version on facebook and it made me buy the pattern! Nice job.
HauteStuff said... (11/30/10 2:18 PM) Reply
Hi. Just saw that Vogue Patterns facebook page posted photos of this dress. Looks great!
Donna Likes Golf said... (11/8/10 7:54 PM) Reply
I love this on you - it looks fantastic. It does look very comfy, but classy. I've added this pattern to my list!
lyndle said... (11/7/10 10:55 PM) Reply
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Yours looks better than the pattern envelope. Fantastic!
dragon10 said... (11/7/10 3:15 AM) Reply
Wow, what a beautiful dress. I'm off to get this pattern. Thanks for the helpful review.
Gemaki said... (11/7/10 1:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for all your lovely comments! MarianS, I'm a bit of a newbie to knits so not sure what effect the one way stretch would have but I think AuntieShel is right - the dress really benefits from a drapey knit. The rayon I chose falls beautifully and really shows off the pleats and subtle details. Hope that helps!
AuntieShel said... (11/6/10 8:37 PM) Reply
You look stunning in your dress!!! If I may address MarianS to say that I made this dress out of 100% cotton jersey (stretches only across) in my normal size and it came out fine. However, I do think the dresses reviewed here made with a drapier fabric (i.e. rayon or blend) seem to fall better.
Lili123 said... (11/6/10 7:50 PM) Reply
super nice dress, it looks classy and comfy at the same time.
Paris75008 said... (11/6/10 7:33 PM) Reply
You got an absolutely perfect fit on that dress. Looks absolutely lovely on you. The color is just perfect. Looks really comfortable. I'm sure you'll wear it a lot.
valerie sews said... (11/6/10 3:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, it's just perfect.
DorothyK said... (11/6/10 3:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Looks like the kind of dress you will wear a lot.
carolynw said... (11/6/10 2:49 PM) Reply
I love the colour and the fit of this dress on you - looks elegant but comfortable - great work
jewelsew said... (11/6/10 11:58 AM) Reply
Looks great! Don't be afraid of the hi-round back or forward shoulder alteration...Sandra Betzina's techniques are easy to follow and have made a difference in my fitting.
Amanda S. said... (11/6/10 10:54 AM) Reply
Really nice! Looks like a perfect fit to me!
Christas said... (11/6/10 10:11 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress ..... looks so wonderful on you!
MarianS said... (11/6/10 9:10 AM) Reply
It's really gorgeous, and looks so comfy! I have some fabric that I want to try with this pattern, but it only stretches across. This pattern calls for 2-way stretch knits only. Do you think I should try it, or is the 2-way stretch essential in this pattern? Your advice would be greatly apprecitiated!
Lori V said... (11/6/10 9:04 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress.
Lisa p said... (11/6/10 8:38 AM) Reply
I love your version , I bet you wear it to death !

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern