Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2449 (Women's crossover top)

Viewed 2036 times

Posted on:6/13/04 5:19 PM
Last Updated:6/13/04 5:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Meredith P said... (6/23/04 6:16 PM) Reply
This is such a beautiful color, and I'm sure that it feels great to wear (I love Jalie 2005).
Jan B. said... (6/14/04 1:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I too received this pattern over the weekend and was happy to see someone had reviewed it. I've got to get to my stash to see what fabric would be appropriate. Thank you also for the lycra tip.
MaryBeth said... (6/14/04 10:21 AM) Reply
Pretty color!
Karla Kizer said... (6/14/04 6:43 AM) Reply
I got my copy of this pattern last week, and skimmed through the instructions. I agree with you re: modifying the band so that it goes around the back neck, too. My first thought was "gotta change this". But your version looks wonderful, and maybe I'll leave it alone for the first try. After all, what would RTW do?
Danvillegirl said... (6/14/04 5:58 AM) Reply
I am considering ordering this pattern. It looks good on model which does not mean it will look good on me, a much older person. Your review is helpful.
Josephine Mary said... (6/13/04 11:13 PM) Reply
It looks great - thanks for this review. I now have this pattern coming in the mail and can't wait to try it. I hope it also works for A cups!
Deepika said... (6/13/04 9:17 PM) Reply
what a lovely top. I have this pattern and can't wait to try mine after reading your review. I especially like the band on the neckline. Thanks for the tip on using foldover elastic on the neckline. Great idea. I will try to make my band in one piece or maybe join it at the back.
jlg said... (6/13/04 7:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've never tried Jalie before, and I've got this coming in the mail. Your top is very pretty.
drsue said... (6/13/04 7:19 PM) Reply
Very lovely. I'm trying to avoid buying more Jaile patterns but I may have to relent.
CindyK said... (6/13/04 6:26 PM) Reply
I didn't do any bust adjustments (I'm just about a B). I thought I might need something to attach the layers, but it didn't gap that much on me when I wore it. I think making the edging a little more snug will help with that.
Lorna C. Newman said... (6/13/04 6:05 PM) Reply
WOW! Nice lookign top. Did you have to do any bust adjustments? How is the gape factor on this top?

brerrabbit.com The Wiggle Dress