Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2409 (Misses or Plus Size Tops)

Reviewed by:iSewQuiltArt

Last Updated:11/5/10 3:15 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
Kayseri said... (11/6/10 4:43 AM) Reply
This is a very good looking top. I love the bodice shaping and your choice of fabric.
mary in FL said... (11/5/10 9:00 PM) Reply
I like the seam detail of this, and your top turned out great! I'm adding this to my wish list.
Mazzygirl said... (11/5/10 4:29 PM) Reply
that is so pretty! I have this patter n aswell so its nice to see how it looks made up. I thought the cowl collar was rather interesting given it was sewn to a v-neck. (interesting shape too).... I think you need to make a few more of these as it looks really nice on you!
renren said... (11/5/10 10:56 AM) Reply
Lovely top and it looks like this pattern offers several nice options.
SewSho said... (11/5/10 7:46 AM) Reply
I'm lucky that i have a huge fabric market here, but I can't get any of the super nice high fashion ones, have to pop to Ebay/Etsy for those:)
iSewQuiltArt said... (11/5/10 4:29 AM) Reply
Aren't sales great? The fabric all up cost me $12.45, plus $10 shipping (a portion of the fairly steep shipping for a box I had delivered a few weeks ago) Still compared to what I would pay for it locally I am streaks ahead and saving quite abit of money by making my own cothes, when I can buy cheap patterns and reduced fabrics. Out here if I could find the same weight and style of print I"d expect to be paying far, far more per yard than the total cost of making the garment (excluding machinery of course), let alone the cost of RTW.
SewSho said... (11/5/10 3:54 AM) Reply
Great top! Was surprised that the fabric was inexpensive, it looks like one of the pricey fashion ones, love it!

Sewing Workshop Hong Kong Vest Pattern