Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6244 (Misses' Tops And Vest)

Reviewed by:annie11

Last Updated:11/6/10 3:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Tops

fourkid said... (12/21/11 8:55 AM) Reply
Two beautiful tops (well, actually 4). Love your color combos - and they look beautiful on you.
Sherril Miller said... (4/11/11 10:06 PM) Reply
Don't know how I missed this review, but now I've gotta have these tops. I have some sheer knits that now I know what to do with. And JoAnn's having a sale!
GwenH said... (12/3/10 4:12 PM) Reply
Oh, those look so cute on you. I bought this pattern yesterday at a Jo-Anne's sale without looking here first as I usually do. I came here with trepidation, since as you say "size 0 and 12 years old" and that's not me either. Your great pictures have convinced me it's an ageless pattern. Great fabric choices too. What seems nice is with planning how one could make a few of these and change the look by mixing up the combos.
Oh2Sew2 said... (11/12/10 9:08 PM) Reply
Excellent pattern for options to the layer look. Also, the outer layer by itself over a RTW tee would be great! Thank you for the review, it's on my list now.
VirginiasDghter said... (11/8/10 11:46 AM) Reply
Very cute tops! Like the way you styled them too! Nice work!
Elemenopeo said... (11/8/10 10:36 AM) Reply
These are both so nice. I love finding patterns that work for both my teen dds and myself.
Annette1 said... (11/7/10 7:07 PM) Reply
Well, I'm afraid the size 0 junior model's got NOTHING ON YOU. In fact, I'd say it's the other way around. :o) I wouldn't have given this pattern a second look until I saw your tops. So CUTE and chic looking. If I had your figure, I'd be whipping up a few myself (said she with the Frito pie in the oven). :o)
Leslie in Austin said... (11/7/10 9:20 AM) Reply
Those are really cute and you rock the look!
lesliez said... (11/7/10 0:50 AM) Reply
Both combinations look great on you. Thanks for the review.
Terri A said... (11/6/10 11:09 PM) Reply
Oh, I love these! Beautiful!
Barbara V said... (11/6/10 8:43 PM) Reply
The two very different looks you created are great and look lovely on you. What a good idea for shear knits.
mars418 said... (11/6/10 8:12 PM) Reply
Super cute Ann! I think I can even make this one! Love the plum version.
homejewel said... (11/6/10 7:59 PM) Reply
Wow - where has that pattern been hiding? Into the wishlist it goes. Soooo very cute. I think your pictures should go on the cover.
Kathy in NM said... (11/6/10 7:18 PM) Reply
Very nice! I never would have looked twice at this pattern. But, you are right - what a great way to use those shear knits! Both fabrics you used look great.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (11/6/10 6:21 PM) Reply
Great layering piece !! Love what you did with it.
Christas said... (11/6/10 4:05 PM) Reply
Super cute! Both versions look equally nice and also very different. Thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention. I think I should just say my pattern diet is over!
RadarRadiance said... (11/6/10 4:01 PM) Reply
Very cute on you and I agree, it could be for all ages! Both outfits look great!

Stretch & Sew 312