Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5454 (Misses' Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:11/10/10 8:20 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
MareeAlison said... (8/22/11 9:19 PM) Reply
You look wonderful in this dress. I love all your creations and always look at your reviews when I see your name. Thank you.
sewbehind said... (1/24/11 11:24 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. I love that the bodice on the front appears to be balanced in pattern. Looks great on you.
dingyadi said... (11/12/10 10:53 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! That style looks fantastic on you and love the fabric.
Christas said... (11/11/10 5:10 PM) Reply
Your dress is so pretty and I am taking note of the elastic to help with the gaping issue. So neat how Heather has so many adorable twinkie clothes with you! I am sure she will have great memories of being able to match with Mom. Your dress is lovely!
Heatherrique said... (11/11/10 3:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the kind words! Now I am inspired to wear an upcoming event. To Gail D (Gaylee), it is the YT in San Diego.
Catbird said... (11/11/10 1:47 PM) Reply
Another hit for the Hit Parade! This dress looks fantastic on you. I love that fabric and love the Zebrafettes, too. You look extra-elegant with your hair swept up like that.
knitmachinequeen said... (11/11/10 12:16 PM) Reply
I want it, I want it. Beautiful execution.
gaylee1949 said... (11/11/10 10:46 AM) Reply
Which Yardage Town? Do they still sell Kwik Sews at 40% off? I need to scoot down to Vista soon! Gail D.
becca a said... (11/11/10 8:27 AM) Reply
Gorgeous dress. I love your daughter's matching top.
FreyaStark said... (11/11/10 2:49 AM) Reply
Very chic, and a great fit.
cloudyhn said... (11/10/10 10:44 PM) Reply
Lovely print I love it. It fit you well. Great job...
Sweetiebop said... (11/10/10 8:28 PM) Reply
Very becoming dress. I really like this pattern.
katlew03 said... (11/10/10 8:15 PM) Reply
Very nice.
michellep74 said... (11/10/10 7:21 PM) Reply
Very cute! You look great in your dress!
VirginiasDghter said... (11/10/10 6:02 PM) Reply
That is sharp! Love, love, love the print! Nice job!
Annette1 said... (11/10/10 4:38 PM) Reply
You are PRETTY AS A PICTURE in this fantastically fitted dress. I will defnitely be using your elastic idea next time I have to rescue a wayward neckline. I always seem to think I need clear elastic (which I never can find in a crisis), when 1/4" regular elastic obviously works just as well. You and Miss Heather are STYLIN'! :o)
annie11 said... (11/10/10 3:14 PM) Reply
Wowza! That is one very sexy dress on you! I love your daughter's coordinating one too. Thanks for the tip on the elastic in the wrap. I think I need this pattern!
marec said... (11/10/10 1:26 PM) Reply
You girls look so sweet together. Love the dress, and thanks for the tip on elastic at the neckline. Just stretch it slightly?
kim*brown said... (11/10/10 1:16 PM) Reply
Hot to trot in this one girlfriend!
Amanda S. said... (11/10/10 10:39 AM) Reply
How cute! I love that you always make a mayching piece for your daughter. She's so sweet!
Paris75008 said... (11/10/10 10:16 AM) Reply
Aww, you and Heather look so cute in your matching zebra print dresses. She's certainly going to have lots of happy memories to cherish when she's grown up. I like your dress much more than the Moschino one. Great dress!
Barbara V said... (11/10/10 10:08 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress with perfect fit! The Zebraffettes look like a happy sweet pair!
homejewel said... (11/10/10 9:49 AM) Reply
Your dress looks beautiful and the fit looks perfect! Great neckline tip.
mhk3boys said... (11/10/10 9:31 AM) Reply
Your dress looks so cool! I love your tip about the elastic for the neckline!
sewtime said... (11/10/10 9:27 AM) Reply
You both look beautiful!! Love your dress, and thank you for the neck line fix!!
sewtime said... (11/10/10 9:27 AM) Reply
AnneMarie60 said... (11/10/10 8:48 AM) Reply
Love the hint about using elastic to prevent gaposis! Your dress fits so well, and the lively print suits you and your beautiful daughter.

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

PerfectFuse Light White

PerfectFuse Light White

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)