Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2010-18 (Ginger Softshell Hoodie)

Reviewed by:annie11

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Annette1 said... (11/9/10 11:20 PM) Reply
Theeeeeeeeere she is, MISS AMERICA!! That's how pretty you look in this COOL jacket. :o) I'm PEA GREEN, first of all, that you found windblock fabric for a measly two bucks a yard! I looked and looked for some a while back, and finally decided it was just as cheap for me to buy one from Sierra Trading Post on a good sale. Of course, mine doesn't FIT like yours does either -- ha! This is definitely YOUR color, and all those zippers were WORTH IT. :o)
Heatherrique said... (11/9/10 9:33 PM) Reply
Such a stylish hoodie on you!
annie11 said... (11/9/10 4:24 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Eve- the hood does come forward more- for the picture, I just didn't bring it all the way to the front. I think it would stay up just fine on it's own.
EveS said... (11/9/10 2:21 PM) Reply
LOVE!! I just ordered this issue partly because of this interesting hoodie. I had no idea it had extra zips! Very cool idea but...OY!! (I hate zippers, too) Guess I'll buck up and do them since I'm a pretty warm-blooded soul. Does the hood stay up ok on it's own? (I don't use the actual hoods that often, but sometimes..) It seems to sit back on the top further than most.
21wale said... (11/9/10 1:49 PM) Reply
Wow! Looks great and very functional!
Rebecca D said... (11/9/10 7:00 AM) Reply
This jacket turned out great. Thanks for the review.
Auntchelle said... (11/9/10 4:36 AM) Reply
Your hoodie looks fantastic. This is the item from the issue that I have flagged to make. Great to see someone has made it with such success.
marec said... (11/9/10 0:54 AM) Reply
This is a wonderful new design for a hoodie. I love the zippers. You look smashing in this outfit.
Barbara V said... (11/9/10 0:04 AM) Reply
This is a great looking hoodie with interesting collar and zipper placements. So glad you had enough fabric to cut a larger hood and that it is such a wonderful wind blocking fleece. I would like to find some of this type of fabric too. You look great.
Christas said... (11/8/10 8:32 PM) Reply
This looks so nice! Your sewing is just perfect. I thought this design looked so interesting in the issue, but I have to admit that the zippers scared me off of making it. Thanks so much for your wonderful review and the heads up about the hood sizing.
Ericaeli said... (11/8/10 8:22 PM) Reply
Oh, I am so glad to see your review because this is on my to do list. Thank you for the advice about the hood. I love how yours turned out, and all your zips look great.
no7262 said... (11/8/10 6:38 PM) Reply
I really like this pattern! It's a great style! Nora :)
Izzie said... (11/8/10 5:35 PM) Reply
Great job on your hoodie and thanks for the review, especially the tip about the hood size. I have this traced, but have only made the capri pants so far.

by: wendybirde