Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3628 (Jackets/Blazers (Threads))

Reviewed by:BlossomKyle

About BlossomKylestarstarstarstar
NJ United States
Member since: 3/16/08
Posted on:11/8/10 10:29 PM
Last Updated:11/8/10 11:01 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
CCM said... (12/31/11 1:40 PM) Reply
Thanks for talking about Step 40. I know the picture is wrong and as far as I am concerned, the instructions are overall, pretty lousy. I have made this jacket a ferw times now and the linging always hangs below the hem line and I don't like the way the bottom of it "flairs". Also, I have never been able to make it look good where you handstitch the bottom of the lining closed to the jacket. And the markings for the sleeve front don't line up. I think Simplicity should review this pattern before selling.
barebear said... (9/5/11 1:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! I adore the fabric colour. Your jacket turned out quite lovely. :)
Sheseams said... (3/9/11 6:28 PM) Reply
Your lining and sleeve color choices rock!
4u2cme said... (11/13/10 7:33 PM) Reply
The lining is great. I really like your fabrics! Great jacket.
Annette1 said... (11/9/10 11:41 PM) Reply
WOW-WEE, I LOVE all the special details on your jacket, that LINING and the STITCHING and the BUTTONS, too. I cracked up when I read, "I'm never making a jacket on a deadline again." DITTO! :O)
MNBarb said... (11/9/10 8:04 PM) Reply
This is a great jacket with a nice fit and such FUN lining. I also love the buttons, they remind me of my childhood. I'm so impressed with your ability to photograph yourself in the mirror. You should do a tutorial! Happy Birthday!!
Kayseri said... (11/9/10 3:52 PM) Reply
Good looking jacket, and I love the co-ordinating lining & the inside pocket.
cloudyhn said... (11/9/10 12:36 PM) Reply
Very nice. I love your choice of lining fabric!
Leslie in Austin said... (11/9/10 11:50 AM) Reply
Very cute! I love the colors you chose, and that lining is adorable!! That hand running stitch is such a nice touch, too. Happy Birthday!
Kim12469 said... (11/9/10 11:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! This ones been on my list forever. Your version is great!
mssewcrazy said... (11/9/10 6:59 AM) Reply
Yeah I was able to save the photos on your blog-very happy here as I am forgetful and need to remember this one.
mssewcrazy said... (11/9/10 6:54 AM) Reply
I think this is about my favorite jacket ever- love the color,running stitches,the classic buttons and the two fabric lining.I wish I could have saved the photo for inspiration I liked it so much. What a great happy birthday jacket it is!
Mariyka said... (11/9/10 5:32 AM) Reply
All those customizing touches make it personalized and special. I love it!
JillyBe said... (11/9/10 2:07 AM) Reply
Love love love the lining choices, the inside pocket, & the pocket label! This jacket looks fabulous on you!
marec said... (11/9/10 0:37 AM) Reply
Happy Birthday...and what a pretty jacket. I love the turquoise blue and the brown running stitches. Lovely.
USMCMom said... (11/8/10 11:58 PM) Reply
Well, you gave yourself a lovely birthday present! Hope you had a great day. The color and fit are really wonderful. Nice job
MarianS said... (11/8/10 11:20 PM) Reply
WOW! I think it's beautiful! I love the details: buttons, running stitches, inside pocket, lining, and the contrasting colors all make this a unique and wonderful creation. You look great in it! Happy Birthday. I hope you celebrated all day and night!
renren said... (11/8/10 11:14 PM) Reply
What a beautiful birthday jacket! You look lovely in it! And I love your linings, too. Definitely the easy on/easy off type of lining fabric. The running stitches you made with embroidery thread are a very nice touch! Lots of clever, clever detail. You are well on your way to becoming a great jacket maker with 6 jackets under your belt!
MaryDB said... (11/8/10 10:46 PM) Reply
Well how cute is that! Love the topstitching, nice work. And happy birthday!

by: Rosie who...