Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3028 (Sweatshirt)

Reviewed by:CathyWeeks

About CathyWeeksstar
MN USA
Member since: 9/5/08
Posted on:11/10/10 11:32 AM
Last Updated:11/29/10 5:21 PM
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear    Mens - Jackets    Mens - Shirts

MNBarb said... (11/29/10 7:20 PM) Reply
Perfect fit and your stitching looks perfect also.
goosegreen said... (11/29/10 7:01 PM) Reply
Great job..love the lining! I've been looking for a hoodie pattern for my DH & this looks like it. Thanks.
Hilary said... (11/16/10 8:05 PM) Reply
Wow, your hoodie turned out beautifully! I love the color and the lining, and your stitching is perfect. Well done :o)
Luckylibbet said... (11/11/10 4:14 PM) Reply
Very professional! I can't see any mistakes, even though you note that you weren't as careful as needed....Very nice review, too, exactly the information needed for someone coming after you.
ButtonFaith said... (11/10/10 5:43 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on this sweatshirt! What a great idea to line it..I never would have thought of that but I may implement that in the future! Great job and great review!
CathyWeeks said... (11/10/10 4:59 PM) Reply
Thanks Annette. It was one of the most complicated things I've ever sewn. Not because lining a sweatshirt is at all complicated (it's not, really), but because I had to figure it out myself, with no instructions, something that doesn't come naturally to me. I still can't believe I couldn't find a single lined sweatshirt pattern, given how popular they are in RTW.
Annette1 said... (11/10/10 4:50 PM) Reply
Wonderful review, and your hoodie looks so cozy and inviting, especially with that contrasting lining. :o) BEAUTIFUL WORK!
CathyWeeks said... (11/10/10 1:40 PM) Reply
Thanks. I couldn't find any ready-made twill tape that was the right color (white, cream, brown and black were the only available colors). So I bought about 4" of navy blue cotton twill and made my own. If I were doing it again, I'd buy enough so that I could cut it on the bias
marec said... (11/10/10 1:33 PM) Reply
Love the twill tape use-that is a tip I will keep in mind. This is a great sweatshirt and beautiful work!
Elemenopeo said... (11/10/10 12:34 PM) Reply
Nice looking hoodie. I just made a hoodie from a Burda magazine a while back and think I may pick up this pattern instead as I could use clearer instructions. The polarfleece lining and twill tape on hood seam are nice touches.

by: KG2