Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3927 (Misses Tunic Top)

Reviewed by:marec

About marecstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/11/08
Posted on:11/12/10 1:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
JuanitaVA said... (11/17/10 10:47 AM) Reply
Sorry this didn't work out for you. We all have those projects occasionally... soooo frustrating. I totally agree with you that "tunic" shouldn't equal tight.
marthamyers said... (11/14/10 4:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for this great review! I love the way you express your perspective on these patterns. I agree with everyone else - it is a great style for you, so maybe you can just forget about the number and go for the more comfortable fit.
cloudyhn said... (11/13/10 11:01 AM) Reply
You look pretty on it though. I feel bad that you had gone through a tough time with it :(
Terri A said... (11/13/10 3:24 AM) Reply
Sorry about the fit and disappointment. I hate that too:-( It's still cute.
Barbara V said... (11/13/10 1:17 AM) Reply
Oh bummer...it's really a cute style on you. You should sew another one to get the fit you want and to allow for all those yummy sounding cookies.
renren said... (11/12/10 10:48 PM) Reply
Oh, dash it all! I just hate it when my hopes are dashed! Oueff, and this looks so cute.
lamstu said... (11/12/10 8:07 PM) Reply
It doesn't look so tight in the photos but if you're not comfortable then it's not right. Try not to think too much about the size of sewing patterns: sometimes I am a size 10 and in another one I'll be a 16/18. I choose by the amount of ease and the width of the neckline and have resigned myself that I will alter and sometimes make a toile too. Better luck for your next project!
Annette1 said... (11/12/10 7:25 PM) Reply
This is just as cute as it can be! I say go for the 16 if the mood hits you (after a couple molasses cookies, that is). Who cares what the size is, YOU'RE still the same. :o)
AnitaJJ said... (11/12/10 6:46 PM) Reply
Too bad the fit was disappointing cuz it sure looks cute. How frustrating. That is one negative I'm finding about this pattern stash contest. Forever trying out new patterns where each one is a shot in the dark. (I'm anxious to sew a second time the ones that worked well ... but oh no, not till after Nov 30. LOL) And I for one balk at the idea of muslins. Why can't patterns have some consistency. Grrrrr!!! The tea and cookies sound like a wonderful consolation.
Christas said... (11/12/10 4:28 PM) Reply
What a shame. This is such pretty fabric and such a cute pattern. You can tell that you did some very nice sewing on it. I hope you have better luck if you try it again. Tea and cookies are a good consolation after a frustrating sewing experience - especially MOLASSES cookies!
Aroura said... (11/12/10 2:21 PM) Reply
I'm sorry the fit didn't work out :( It's such a nice looking top, the style would be good for you.
21wale said... (11/12/10 2:10 PM) Reply
Too bad about the fit since it's such a cute top. Maybe a sturdy knit would be nice. But even if you have to go up a size in the woven, I think it's a very flattering style with the leggings/pants you paired it with.

HANDBAG CONSTRUCTION - A CD Book By Kenneth King