Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6716 OOP

Posted on:11/20/10 8:38 PM
Last Updated:11/21/10 0:56 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

marec said... (11/22/10 1:16 AM) Reply
This blouse is just lovely on you-I like the neckline, the sleeves, the narrow cuffs and the print. It's all so very nice. I picked up a whole batch of 70s blouse patterns...this spring we will be trading reviews!
AnitaJJ said... (11/21/10 3:31 PM) Reply
This is so pretty, especially the neckline, very flattering.
mastdenman said... (11/21/10 10:51 AM) Reply
I always liked the poofy sleeves from the '70's. This is a really nice blouse.
RadarRadiance said... (11/21/10 10:16 AM) Reply
You nailed the fit, looks great! Great basic pattern and perfect fit.
KSC said... (11/21/10 9:56 AM) Reply
Very nice! I made the same top back in the 70's and it was always a favorite. I love your choice of lawn for the fabric.
MNBarb said... (11/21/10 8:54 AM) Reply
You really get the star for your lovely blouses. This neckline is very good on you and not too risque, it's flattering. I enjoy seeing your LOL fabrics, they're so beautiful. You are lucky this top isn't HUGE. I remember that era and when they said "loose fitting" they usually meant tent-like. Your top looks so much better than any of the pattern envelope versions.
Jane S said... (11/21/10 8:48 AM) Reply
I usually cringe at the 70s patterns that I previously owned but this one is a winner!! That neckline is feminine without being so ruffly and silly. The fabric is perfect for this style. Great find and great tunic. So many possibilities now that you've made it work for you.
Margaret said... (11/21/10 4:42 AM) Reply
I love the neckline... very nice pattern and great fabric choice as well. Thanks for the "ride up with wear" comment -- makes me think of Mr. Humphreys too!
jannw said... (11/21/10 1:34 AM) Reply
very nice and attractive. I do like your fabric choice
Mufffet said... (11/20/10 11:08 PM) Reply
I like that style. Very light looking. Nice.
mm said... (11/20/10 10:53 PM) Reply
It looks great for travelling: light to pack, good for sun protection and stylish.
renren said... (11/20/10 10:00 PM) Reply
Hmm, I used to have a top kind of like that and wore it threadbare--I loved it so much. Oh, no, these ladies are not unnaturally tall--they are freakishly tall and slender. Head to body ratio is usually 1:7 or 1:8 and these ladies are like 1:11 which would make them over 9 feet tall. And they probably weigh in at an anorexic 90 pounds. Let us not even compare ourselves to such unfortunate creatures. (Is this talk of the desert going to involve more camel riding, or perhaps it's a walkabout?) Oh, yes, and a big congratz on that 2nd star!!!
lyndle said... (11/20/10 9:25 PM) Reply
I like the neckline too. Well found pattern!
Christas said... (11/20/10 9:16 PM) Reply
Looks to me like you really should make MORE of these pretty blouses! All of your changes have made a very pretty timeless classic. Hope the fabric grows on you, as I think it makes the blouse so feminine and nice!
Annette1 said... (11/20/10 9:01 PM) Reply
Very nice! The first thing I noticed was that neckline. It's flattering, and not fussy at all. I always think of MR. HUMPHREYS when I hear, "Don't worry, the sleeves will ride up with wear." :o))

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

All About Linings
All About Linings

Other Tailors Guide 127

by: KiwiWendy

Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2013-3

by: blue moone...

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Pamela's Patterns 111 Pattern