Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8522 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:annie11

About annie11starstarstarstar
IL United States
Member since: 3/3/06
Posted on:11/15/10 4:05 PM
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
ktr2567 said... (10/17/12 10:10 AM) Reply
Wow, it's a good thing you told me you don't have the perfect hourglass shape or I might of thought that was a beautiful jacket on a gorgeous women.
crazygrad said... (11/16/10 3:45 PM) Reply
Finally! Confirmation for my students that I am always right.
lesliez said... (11/16/10 1:18 PM) Reply
I agree with crazygrad. It's a lovely piece and there's no reason you can't wear it with the right outfit. This jacket will work better with something sleek, either one piece or a fitted top and bottom in the same color, no belt. Don't give up on it yet.
MNBarb said... (11/16/10 1:11 PM) Reply
I agree that you could try pairing this with something more fitted in the torso area (maybe all one color underneath) and it will look great.
annie11 said... (11/16/10 8:48 AM) Reply
Crazygrad, you might be right! I will see if I can find something like you describe to try it on with and give it another shot.
Terri A said... (11/15/10 11:53 PM) Reply
Ohhhh I was so EYEING this fabric - I wondered how it would make up. I love it.
crazygrad said... (11/15/10 8:13 PM) Reply
You can disagree, but I think it looks fine. Just not with that Cynthia Rowley dress. I think if you wore it with a sleek black (or brown, or whatever) ensemble with no gathers, it would balance the volume in the jacket. Even that shape in a sleek, gatherless shape would be good.I remember that review- that color is fab on you. I think you think you have a great jacket that looks great on you, but the jacket requires sleek, streamlined and minimal to work on your body type. I think you should wear it happily with a basic black straight skirt and slim black grew neck. HAWT! (especially with your blond hair!)
Knitz said... (11/15/10 5:01 PM) Reply
How disappointing, because the fabric is lovely. Sometimes it's all about the proportions.

No Pattern Used Kid's Pillow Case