Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5203 (Cowl Top)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:11/15/10 6:59 PM
Last Updated:11/15/10 7:18 PM

Cultured Purl said... (5/1/11 0:18 AM) Reply
Thank you for the review, I am back to sewing after many years off,, I have a LOT of the LH patterns but am not certain which are still worth sewing up or passing on , yours turned out LOVELY! I understand that LH is re doing a lot of patterns for a more fitted look such as slacks, etc which is ok w/ me , I am sick of wearing jeans daily and realized I needed to change my look,,, freshen up,, so to speak, after surviving a major ( fluke) heart attack, I feel like since I have a whole new lease on life I want to do lots of things I have put off which is creating beautiful clothing for ME this time! Since I( currently) live in a cold state, this top could be used for many a cozy sweater that is just a bit more upscale than a typical LE drifter ( daily wear here) Oh how I want to get RID of many tbings now! what I do love about LH patterns is that one can build on them, which is what I am trying to do, so this review helped me a LOT! thanks for your time, and your top looks lovely on you! I very much enjoyed viewing your travels on your blog, DH and I are RVing a lot,,,,love love love it! Enjoy your travel time!
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/17/10 10:14 AM) Reply
Really nice cowl top and a great wardrobe builder.
mssewcrazy said... (11/17/10 6:42 AM) Reply
I love the top and scarf-looks pretty on you. This type of top and scarf is the sort of thing I like wearing-nice to hear it is a good way to ease back into sewing as I will need to ease back also after being away from the machines-great set.
MNBarb said... (11/16/10 1:07 PM) Reply
The fabric really makes the top. It's the biggest challenge with sewing. You really had success with this one.
carolynw said... (11/16/10 12:07 PM) Reply
Good to see you here again Peggy - you have been missed. Love your top - looks classy and elegant - just right for a sixty and single lady
Karendee said... (11/16/10 12:07 PM) Reply
Peggy, you look just beautiful in your new made top with scarf tied just so! The fabric is lovely, as is the style of the top on you. I also think this was a perfect top to segue back into your sewing. I loved all the pics and found a bit of Middle TN foliage on your site, also. That scenery contrasts so nicely with your pics of the west coast.
PegL said... (11/16/10 11:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful jump start back into fun sewing! Love the color and you wear the scarf well! I always look I have a noose around my neck! ;>)
FreyaStark said... (11/16/10 3:22 AM) Reply
A nice top. I've just acquired this pattern myself and I'm looking forward to trying it.
BettyMike said... (11/16/10 0:55 AM) Reply
Very pretty top. Glad you are back sewing and reviewing! Great job.
Terri A said... (11/15/10 11:56 PM) Reply
Cool and classy!
Patti B said... (11/15/10 10:34 PM) Reply
Very classy top; love the fabric. This pattern is a TNT for me and yet I forget about it from time to time. Need to drag it out again. And -- wasn't sewing it more fun than draperies?
Annette1 said... (11/15/10 10:21 PM) Reply
CONGRATULATIONS on Review No. 100, first of all! I LOVE your top, as it has JUST the right amount of body and fits you to a tee. The COLOR is BEAUTIFUL on you. I'm PEA GREEN -- ha! :O) I think I'd better check out the scarf section next time I'm in a Target. :o)
Leora said... (11/15/10 10:18 PM) Reply
Goodness, I can see the texture in this fabric. I bet it is so cozy! Congrats on 100 reviews, you have been missed around here ~:)
blue mooney said... (11/15/10 9:57 PM) Reply
The top looks super - those simple patterns really showcase interesting fabrics so well. The scarf really sets it all off! I really like your new har, too. Renren has sharp eyes...Congrats on your 100th review!!
AnneMarie60 said... (11/15/10 9:13 PM) Reply
Love the color, texture and style! Looks great with your pretty scarf. You look great.
Catbird said... (11/15/10 9:04 PM) Reply
Welcome back, Peggy!! That is such a sophisticated fabric and great color -- it's not surprising that it's perfect for Loes Hinse's simple but sophisticated design. I really like her style and you wear it well. I like the scarf, too! Yay!
Re Becca said... (11/15/10 8:54 PM) Reply
That really is awesome! It looks so warm and comfy and chic.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/15/10 8:27 PM) Reply
Sew pretty, Peggy!! ;)
renren said... (11/15/10 8:10 PM) Reply
So beautiful . . . icing on the cake for your 100th review! Congratz on that milestone!
Christas said... (11/15/10 7:49 PM) Reply
Yay!!! So wonderful to see your face in the review gallery ..... and your pretty new top! Great that you are sewing again. Your top looks great and now I am sure we can expect more "pretties" from you! :-)
Leslie in Austin said... (11/15/10 7:21 PM) Reply
Lovely!!! Thrilled to see a review from you, friend!

by: LM2HYD