Online Sewing Class: Understanding Wool Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1194 (DKNY twisted front band dress)

Reviewed by:MarianS

About MarianSstarstar
Member since: 4/7/09
Posted on:11/15/10 11:33 PM
Robin Denning said... (12/4/10 9:35 PM) Reply
very pretty dress on you- great color & drape. nice!
SisterBelle said... (11/20/10 9:54 AM) Reply
I just bought Vogue 1194 yesteday. Your lovely dress inspires me to get started!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (11/17/10 4:18 AM) Reply
Great dress and colour on you! This seems to be the hit dress from Vogues latest patterns and seems to look good on everyone, I think I will have to get it too!
Christas said... (11/16/10 10:33 PM) Reply
Terrific dress in such a pretty color ...... looks so nice on you!
MarianS said... (11/16/10 9:40 PM) Reply
AuntieShel, thanks for the great tip on eliminating the "ridge" . I will definitetly use it. That's what I love about PR members. Such great collaboration! You learn something new all the time.
AuntieShel said... (11/16/10 7:35 PM) Reply
Marian, your dress is beautiful, I am so happy to see your review!! The color you chose is very similar to the one I made but did not review. Re: the "ridge" that the twin needle makes on a hem, a helpful reviewer on this site (whose name I cannot recall, forgive me) helped me out a few years ago with a tip for this. Line up the edge of the hem allowance with the edge of a 1/2 to 3/4 inch strip of lightweight fusible web and stitch them together about a quarter inch from the edge with a straight stitch or use a serger. Then turn up your hem allowance and fuse it. You will now get a nice stitch with no wobbling or ridge with either a single or twin needle. The fusible web adds just enough weight to prevent this. Hope this helps those without a cover stitch.
cloudyhn said... (11/16/10 12:10 PM) Reply
Love the color, also the style. it's cute...
RLL said... (11/16/10 10:49 AM) Reply
When you get compliments from the hubby, you know its a winner. The color is fabulous.
Barbara R said... (11/16/10 10:39 AM) Reply
Cute dress, great color. And pockets! I love dresses with pockets. Thanks for an excellent review.
becca a said... (11/16/10 9:33 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress! The color is fabulous on you.