Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5147 (Lifestyle Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:Tailypo

Review Rating:
Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Suits / Separates
Skittl1321 said... (3/3/11 9:04 AM) Reply
The dress is lovely. Your experience with the length is what it is like for me everytime I sew- even when I cut out the wrong view. I'm only five feet...
Christas said... (11/17/10 6:12 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress ..... looks great on you!
newmama said... (11/17/10 4:32 PM) Reply
You crack me up! Congrats on the lapped zipper and the lovely looking non-A-line sheath :)
chutchings said... (11/17/10 2:36 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and I've kind of done that too. I have made the top twice now and you are suppose to take the top from the sheath pieces, I took it from the A-line dress. Fortunately since I was only doing the top half it doesn't matter, but it's good to see I'm not the only one! I vaguely remember wondering why there wasn't a line telling me where to stop for the top... Sigh. Beautiful dress, it looks fantastic on you.
cindyann said... (11/17/10 2:11 PM) Reply
Lovely!
Aixoise said... (11/17/10 1:05 PM) Reply
Your dress looks great on you. Loved your review (I always love your reviews) and am so happy that you're back to sewing and writing on a regular basis. You are indeed special - funny, literate, creative - in a really good way.
gatorgirl4325 said... (11/17/10 12:03 PM) Reply
Another winner from you - that dress is fabulous!
becca a said... (11/17/10 8:24 AM) Reply
Gorgeous sheath dress! It fits perfectly.
AnitaJJ said... (11/17/10 7:19 AM) Reply
Wow. That dress looks absolutely smashing on you. MUCH better than the pattern pic. You have your fit figured out, adding to the torso etc. You gave me a BIG SMILE reading that you just this minute figured out you cut the wrong view. (that sounds like something I'd do.... too funny) But you recovered beautifully!
AnitaJJ said... (11/17/10 7:19 AM) Reply
MNBarb said... (11/16/10 10:01 PM) Reply
Looks great. It's wonderful when something fits this well.
Tailypo said... (11/16/10 7:48 PM) Reply
Sorry RadarRadiance, I wasn't very clear. I took the wedge out of the top of the bodice pattern so it tightened up the upper bodice, not the lower bodice/sway back.
RadarRadiance said... (11/16/10 7:27 PM) Reply
Great fit, looks super! the wedge you had to remove was that for sway back? I still need to work on fitting and really like how this one fits you.
marjoriekh said... (11/16/10 4:10 PM) Reply
Fantastic red dress! I had fun reading about your sewing it on your blog. Interesting what you did to the crepe, too. So it acts like a knit? And lastly: I'm happy to find there are others out there eating their children's Halloween candy; although I don't have your excuse (I'm avoiding zippers).
crazygrad said... (11/16/10 3:43 PM) Reply