Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:Lynnelle

About Lynnellestarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:1/13/11 8:39 AM
Last Updated:2/14/12 12:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 34 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by Lynnelle using this Pattern

rebe said... (2/14/12 11:11 PM) Reply
Jeans look great.. You could open your own jeans store.
tsedai said... (2/14/12 9:09 PM) Reply
Wow! Those jeans look great! The pocket details look very RTW, and I love all your thread color choices.
jenleeC said... (2/14/12 7:01 PM) Reply
Wow, that is an impressive pile!
Lori V said... (2/14/12 3:54 PM) Reply
very impressive stack of jeans, great job.
FreyaStark said... (2/14/12 3:43 PM) Reply
A very fine effort. I am most impressed.
RLL said... (2/14/12 3:33 PM) Reply
Wow...bravo to you! I have the pattern but still havn't been brave enough to attempt jeans yet.
velosewer said... (2/14/12 3:07 PM) Reply
You're awesome. It really shows that a good pattern and fit is worth recreating.
MissCelie said... (2/14/12 2:45 PM) Reply
Wow. Congratulations!
LynnG said... (2/14/12 2:20 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job on all your jeans.
Levone said... (2/14/12 1:48 PM) Reply
BRAVO!!!! All of your versions look just as great as designer jeans. I am definitely going to order this pattern.
Silknmore said... (2/14/12 1:45 PM) Reply
BTW, I just saw that you rate yourself an advanced beginner - hope you're planning to update that!
Silknmore said... (2/14/12 1:44 PM) Reply
What an amazing wardrobe you have - my favorite is the seafoam stitching. Your sewing is a true artform. Congratulations!
Claverie said... (2/14/12 1:41 PM) Reply
Gosh, I think we're out of room on this page. You must be proud, those are some great looking jeans and pockets!
MNBarb said... (2/14/12 1:07 PM) Reply
I love it! We might need to start a 12 step program for those of us who can't stop making jeans. I really like all of the different colors and designs of topstitching. It's so comforting to be in the midst of fellow maniac sewists!
Christas said... (2/14/12 1:03 PM) Reply
Oh, my goodness!!! What an inspiration you are! ALL of your MANY jeans look absolutely amazing. Just, WOW!!!
GoSewGirl said... (2/14/12 12:55 PM) Reply
Very helpful review and WOW! you are prolific! I love all the different versions that you've done. I love this pattern too and you've inspired my to make some more!
Zoomitron said... (2/14/12 12:23 PM) Reply
Your jeans are prettier than RTW. Great job, and I appreciated all the hints in your review. Not ready to tackle jeans maybe, but I've put it in my "thought que".
Sassy T said... (2/14/12 12:12 PM) Reply
Look at you with your jeans stash. Definitely going to buy this pattern sounds a winner. Love the little cat detail. So cute. Just up my street.
sew2little said... (7/2/11 11:19 PM) Reply
Your topstitching rocks!
Runrover said... (7/2/11 5:28 PM) Reply
Your jeans are amazing! They look great on you!
JillyBe said... (7/2/11 3:43 PM) Reply
The white on black looks fabulous, especially with such nice topstitching! Good call on the blank pockets too. What a nice fit :) My first pair is now done, but I'll be making more as well!
homejewel said... (7/2/11 1:17 PM) Reply
Your jeans are amazing and inspiring! Thanks for the very helpful review.
JillyBe said... (6/10/11 3:22 AM) Reply
I'm about to make these jeans (finally!) and poring through all of the reviews - your review is ULTRA helpful, thank you!
Rosesred said... (3/25/11 4:48 AM) Reply
Those jeans fit you very well. Love the look of them
Annette1 said... (1/17/11 0:08 AM) Reply
GREAT jeans, and your POCKETS and TOPSTITCHING are AWESOME!
JEF said... (1/15/11 10:55 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! Love your details and the topstitching is super.
becca a said... (1/14/11 8:19 AM) Reply
What fabulous jeans! They look so RTW. Even after 78 other reviews, your review is really informative and helpful. I love this pattern!
MNBarb said... (1/13/11 9:36 PM) Reply
Another great pair of Jalie jeans. I hope the other pattern companies are learning a lesson. Love your jeans.
sewtime said... (1/13/11 8:20 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans!! Love your detailing!
Melody said... (1/13/11 5:25 PM) Reply
Yay Lynn!!!
Lynnelle said... (1/13/11 5:18 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the comments!! The back pockets are my favourite part. =) I'll edit the review to discuss how I did the topstitching. I forgot to mention it before!
Christas said... (1/13/11 4:20 PM) Reply
Your top stitching is impeccable! The designs you have created for the pockets look SO nice. You should be very proud of sewing yourself two outstanding pairs of jeans!
21wale said... (1/13/11 3:51 PM) Reply
Very nice! Your back pocket designs are great!
britsnotebook said... (1/13/11 3:47 PM) Reply
Nice review and your jeans look really great! Also, thanks for the tip on the button holes - that is a great idea!
mhk3boys said... (1/13/11 3:10 PM) Reply
Awesome! I love your jeans and your review!
starryfish said... (1/13/11 2:52 PM) Reply
Lovely jeans, you have 1st rate topstitching skills!. I must start mine in February, otherwise I'm going to be the only person on PR who hasn't made some.
MissCelie said... (1/13/11 2:01 PM) Reply
Wow Lynn. You make me jealous! I love the topstitching. What a great and detailed review!
sew2little said... (1/13/11 2:00 PM) Reply
As Rhonda pointed out: great jeans and advanced beginner are NOT a match! These are great jeans! Marci
Terri A said... (1/13/11 1:11 PM) Reply
This is a really great detailed review and your jeans look wonderful!
michellep74 said... (1/13/11 12:18 PM) Reply
Awesome looking jeans! Thanks for the ideas about the back pocket designs. Jeans are on my to-do list, and I'd like to jazz up the back pockets but don't own an embroidery machine.
tashainflorence said... (1/13/11 11:31 AM) Reply
Great review, great jeans, thank you!
RadarRadiance said... (1/13/11 11:28 AM) Reply
I love the back pockets!!! They look wonderful on you. I need to repeat this pattern and I am going to copy your "rockin" back pockets! They look very nice on you.
nicegirl said... (1/13/11 10:39 AM) Reply
Fantastic jeans! I am so impressed with your back pocket designs and topstitching.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (1/13/11 10:36 AM) Reply
"Advanced Beginner"s make jeans so cooool??? Yaah!! ;)
Deepika said... (1/13/11 9:37 AM) Reply
Lynn, those jeans are rockin' Seriously I dont think the ripples are that bad. For the waistband, I cut mine on the straight grain and interfaced it. So yes, there is no stretch but it fits great.
carolynw said... (1/13/11 9:09 AM) Reply
Really great fitting pair of jeans
KathySews said... (1/13/11 8:52 AM) Reply
wow you have been busy. Very nice jeans

Pin-up Girls 2901