Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6247 (Misses' Jacket, Tops, Sash, Skirt And Pants)

Reviewed by:Minnasews

About Minnasewsstar
Member since: 6/3/09
Posted on:11/18/10 6:00 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts

Minnasews said... (5/14/11 12:08 PM) Reply
Oh, Margie, I'm so sorry. Isn't it frustrating to spend time, money and energy and not have it turn out quite right due to something beyond your control? I just added to the neck piece with another piece - of course, I had another seam that way and I wasn't using really beautiful fabric like you are. Mine was just a poly knit. Good luck!!
Margie T said... (5/14/11 0:45 AM) Reply
I have just had the same problem. The neck band is 3.5 inches [9cm] too short. I wish I had read this before starting the pattern. I hope I can save my beautiful merino wool knit by making the hem wider. Now I know why I stopped using McCalls patterns.
Athene said... (12/14/10 2:21 AM) Reply
Were you able to solve the problem - I purchased the pattern but have not laid it out or sewn it yet. I guess it depends just how much shorter the neck area is - if its an inch or so, then perhaps they expect you to stretch it a bit, but if it is off by a lot then perhaps its a drafting error in the pattern.