Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3101 (Misses Evening Dress from 1954)

Reviewed by:Kellie R.

About Kellie R.starstar
Member since: 7/4/07
Posted on:11/18/10 9:29 PM
Last Updated:1/18/11 11:07 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 29 people
DesignsByDenise said... (2/5/11 5:26 PM) Reply
What a beautiful gown. I love the color. Thank goodness for cruises, for without them most of us would never have occasion to dress up, I'd wager. I wish now that I had made something as lovely as your gown for my cruise in October (although I wouldn't have had room for it in my luggage!).
mesewlot said... (1/19/11 11:52 AM) Reply
What a beautiful gown!!!
redhotpepper said... (1/18/11 9:37 PM) Reply
Stunning! You always do such beautiful work. I agree that there are not nearly enough formal occasions anymore.
kwpanthermom said... (1/18/11 5:34 PM) Reply
Wow this is just gorgeous! And I just saw this pattern on a vintage site today while looking for a design for a prom dress. The ruching is stunning and I adore the color. Thank you for such an informative review!
Terri A said... (1/18/11 3:10 PM) Reply
Fabulous!
sharkycharming said... (1/18/11 11:26 AM) Reply
Amazing, Kellie -- absolutely gorgeous. I missed it the first time you posted so I am glad I noticed it this time.
sewbehind said... (12/1/10 6:41 PM) Reply
Wow! That is just gorgeous, Kellie. The dress is so nicely made and shows off your figure beautifully.
pammieh said... (11/30/10 1:21 AM) Reply
Excellent finish! I love the dress - congrats! Now, I have something to aspire to!
Barbara V said... (11/29/10 10:33 PM) Reply
So beautiful. You did a fabulous job.
booran said... (11/29/10 8:29 PM) Reply
You and your gown looks stunning - hope you have a wonderful cruise
Jali said... (11/29/10 7:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful work and truly a piece of art. Hope you get to wear this gown over and over. It deserves all the best compliments.
AnneMarie60 said... (11/29/10 3:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for sharing your fabulous photos! You looked stunning!
Paris75008 said... (11/29/10 11:46 AM) Reply
Total glam! Beautiful work, beautiful dress. You can be really proud of your creation. Love the color and fabrics. The inside is almost as exquisite as the outside.
DorothyK said... (11/21/10 10:54 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning. You did an impeccable job. Wearing this dress will be the highlight of the cruise.
Donna Likes Golf said... (11/21/10 8:57 AM) Reply
Unbelievable! Absolutely gorgeous! Stunning! Awesome! You do beautiful work!
Annette1 said... (11/20/10 7:27 PM) Reply
THERE she is, MISS AMERICA! :o) You look BEAUTIFUL! Look at your TINY little waist in this dress! The RUCHING is to die for (did I mention I LOVE ruching). Even the BACK is gorgeous. And the COLOR shows off your tan to perfection. Each step of construction is masterful, as well. Bravo!
Kellie R. said... (11/20/10 11:11 AM) Reply
Thank you so much foir all of your kind words. This is one of my favorite projects to date and I just cannot wait to wear it. I promise to post pics after the cruise - you ladies are the best!
sewmytime said... (11/20/10 9:17 AM) Reply
Gorgeous gown, wow!!!!
MarianS said... (11/20/10 0:25 AM) Reply
Drop Dead Gorgeous!! Beautiful fabics, beautifully constructed! You look amazing in it. Congratulations, and bon voyage!!!
cmarie12 said... (11/19/10 11:41 PM) Reply
I'm speechless at how gorgeous this gown is! You are going to be absolutely stunning when you go to dinner on the cruise!
Wino said... (11/19/10 9:57 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress ! You look so glamorous-dressing up is such fun.
no7262 said... (11/19/10 7:56 PM) Reply
GORGEOUS! Nora :)
pwellock said... (11/19/10 7:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress...looks very elegant on you.
SewWil said... (11/19/10 3:16 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! Beautiful job on the sewing. I love the color
Mahogany Stylist said... (11/19/10 2:23 PM) Reply
Outstanding and excellent review.
JennifeRose7 said... (11/19/10 11:51 AM) Reply
I love it! Soooo Grace Kelly!
Twinset said... (11/19/10 11:35 AM) Reply
So beautiful, so flattering! Thanks for reviewing this and thanks for all the pics!
drsue said... (11/19/10 11:08 AM) Reply
Just wonderful!! It's terrific that this classic design has been brought to life by you. Enjoy the cruise.
cindyann said... (11/19/10 10:20 AM) Reply
You look amazing. Very nice work on that gown, it's beautiful.
Gelbean said... (11/19/10 9:36 AM) Reply
Stunning dress! Thanks for adding so many photos!
RLL said... (11/19/10 9:23 AM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful.
carolynw said... (11/19/10 9:11 AM) Reply
Really gorgeous - you will be sure to turn heads at the formal party - like you I love the dress up evenings during a cruise - you feel so good and special and also lots of fun to see the other ladies in their best!!
neverenoughtime said... (11/19/10 8:25 AM) Reply
Kelly, that is so pretty! Your sewing is beautiful too. This is one of those garments that is as pretty inside as out. Your writing style is easy to read. You have been the treat with my morning coffee. Cindy
AnneMarie60 said... (11/19/10 8:19 AM) Reply
All your painstaking work on the inside is reflected on the outside of this stunning dress. Aren't you so pleased to see how beautifully the dress hangs and how perfectly it fits? Love the rich color. You did a fabulous job!
macgardenia said... (11/19/10 7:51 AM) Reply
Wow! what a beautiful dress. I wish I had the opportunity to sew it.
marec said... (11/19/10 1:44 AM) Reply
Kellie, this is outstanding! The color and fabric itself are so rich. I look forward to seeing pics from your cruise. Congratulations on completing such a difficult dress-it is beautiful.
Sue W said... (11/19/10 1:13 AM) Reply
Incredible. Just incredible! You did a wonderful job and you look absolutely stunning in it.
candicer said... (11/19/10 0:20 AM) Reply
What a lovely gown! Wear it with pride on your cruise - you did a beautiful job!
mm said... (11/19/10 0:11 AM) Reply
Wow!
Christas said... (11/19/10 0:04 AM) Reply
Stunningly gorgeous! Wonderful review!
Sarsez said... (11/18/10 11:54 PM) Reply
Fabulous gown. The colour is gorgeous. Terrrific work. I'm with you, there are so few opps to get really dressed up that when they turn up you have to go all out!
marjoriekh said... (11/18/10 10:49 PM) Reply
Stunning dress and very informative review. I've just looked back through your past reviews, too -- you do beautiful work!
Erin D said... (11/18/10 10:44 PM) Reply
You did an amazing job!
21wale said... (11/18/10 10:01 PM) Reply
This is just lovely! Wonderful fit and the color really suits you.
DaisyEsq said... (11/18/10 9:54 PM) Reply
Your gown is just gorgeous!

by: French.Sea...