Pattern Reviews> Style> 2767 (Misses' Dress/Pinafore)

Reviewed by:Margaret

About Margaretstarstarstarstar
BC Canada
Member since: 11/4/02
Posted on:11/19/10 8:35 AM
Margaret said... (11/21/10 4:44 AM) Reply
Thanks! I remember looking at those cute children's patterns too, even though I had no kids in mind to sew for!!
Annette1 said... (11/20/10 7:35 PM) Reply
LO, these many years later, I'm STILL mourning the loss of the Style patterns. And they had REALLY cute patterns for little girls, too. So I'm PARTICULARLY glad to see your review of this cute little jumper. It looks great on you, and just think of all you can wear it with. :o) Every now and then I search the internet for Styles, but there's not a whole lot of them out there. Great job!
Margaret said... (11/20/10 9:50 AM) Reply
Thanks!! AuntieShel, my understanding was that the company was eventually bought by Simplicity and they continued to sell some of their patterns or use the name for a while... then stopped. Anita, I'm sorry they went out of business too -- I have a couple coat patterns from them that I really liked.
jannw said... (11/19/10 10:40 PM) Reply
very nice jumper and an interesting review. Very interesting how methods and notions have changed in a few years.
marec said... (11/19/10 12:02 PM) Reply
Really nice jumper and the review is so well written that I feel I could make this jumper right now. I have 2 jumper patterns and am thinking they would be good spring dresses.
AnitaJJ said... (11/19/10 11:07 AM) Reply
That's a very cute dress on you. And warm and practical too. I have several Style patterns, sorry they went out of business.
AuntieShel said... (11/19/10 10:15 AM) Reply
What a cute jumper! I used to love the Style line, not sure if they were an offshoot of Simplicity.
renren said... (11/19/10 8:54 AM) Reply
Looks like just the dress to keep you warm and snug in your new locale! As usual, a very informative review! Oh, yes, and a very nice jumper! The habutoi (sp?) silk as lining is something I have taken note of.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/19/10 8:45 AM) Reply
'Won't go a-huntin' then ;) Margaret, now that you're "set up in Germany", you're sewin' up a storm!! Yippy!! ;)

by: Lori V