Pattern Reviews> Lazy Girl Designs> 108 (Sassy Bag)

Reviewed by:Rustybobn

About Rustybobnstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/5/02
Posted on:4/29/08 11:34 AM
Last Updated:6/17/02 7:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Oceanpeg said... (2/26/09 5:00 AM) Reply
This is really a nice bag. Yours came out good. Just the right size to be used as a camera bag. I like the larger ones for daily use, such as the Miranda Day Bag. This one sorta reminds me of a messenger bag. Just made my first Sassy up and about to write a review on it.
cindy3539 said... (11/14/07 2:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up on the fusible webbing idea!
Stargirl7 said... (7/11/06 9:31 AM) Reply
This is really cute. Thanks for the tip about turning the flap - I hate cutting the fabric and I don't mind leaving a bit of a seam open as I'm always topstitching everything anyway.
Rebecca H said... (2/1/04 9:33 AM) Reply
There are now a lot more Lazy Girl Designs bags: http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/bags.html, and she also sells acrylic bottoms for them now, so they will be more stable. I really want to make one of these. Thanks for the review.
Rustybobn said... (3/12/03 11:18 AM) Reply
I saw many of these made up at a quilt show last weekend. They made me want to make more--so neat, so cute, so useful!
clc said... (3/11/03 11:32 AM) Reply
I just made three of these and couldn't be happier. The directions are good and simple- the only thing I did differently was to use a zigzag to attach the elastic to the folded edge. The straight stitch just took the stretch out of it. I also attached the front flap from the back for better visibility rather that take a chance on "catching" all the layers. I ran out of craft fleece on my third one, so I used Warm and Natural -- turned out fine. Next one I make might get an applique treatment on the flap.
said... (6/18/02 10:39 AM) Reply
Duh on me - I see the web address in your review. I'm really not that clueless, just haven't had coffee yet. :-)
said... (6/18/02 10:36 AM) Reply
What a cute purse! Where can we get this pattern?
said... (6/18/02 2:17 AM) Reply
Looks very good, congratulations!
said... (6/17/02 6:52 PM) Reply
All you need, other than fabric, is a piece of hook-and-loop (like Velcro) for the closure, 11 inches of 1/4" elastic which controls the main compartment, and some craft fleece to give the bag body.
said... (6/17/02 6:10 PM) Reply
what a cute purse! I love it. I've never made a handbag before. What types of notions and special skills (if any) are required for this?
said... (6/17/02 4:20 PM) Reply
This looks like a pattern I could use. I HATE carrying a big clunky purse. But a cute small one like this would be fun-also a good way to use my leftover fabrics. I am always looking for gift ideas, and this looks like a good one.
said... (6/17/02 2:44 PM) Reply
Thanks for calling this to my attention! I like my purses small, too, and this seems like a wonderful little pattern.

by: Sheila457