Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6256 (Project Tote, Organizer/Knitting Needle/Scissor Cases And Ya)

Reviewed by:minggiddylooloo

About minggiddylooloostar
Member since: 5/17/05

Posted on:11/21/10 7:57 PM
Last Updated:11/21/10 8:05 PM

See other patterns in this category: Accessories    Crafts
usbeckers said... (10/19/12 9:14 PM) Reply
Just purchased this pattern... yours looks super cute. I have one that I purchased premade a while back comes in super handy.
JTink said... (11/22/10 2:52 PM) Reply
This is great! I'm putting the pattern number on my shopping list for Hancocks $.99 sale this week.
minggiddylooloo said... (11/22/10 0:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments! I also thought about doing a welt pocket style opening, it wouldn't be a difficult change. My only concern was it not allowing enough open room for the yarn, but you never know how it will be unless you try it, right?
sometime said... (11/21/10 11:01 PM) Reply
I think I would like this too! You did a great job, especially on the yarn hole. I also love the fabric. I think I will try putting a large bore grommet for the opening, although maybe the yarn will catch on it. How about a wide slit like a welt pocket trim, or a large buttonhole instead?
Elemenopeo said... (11/21/10 10:31 PM) Reply
Love it!
Kathy in NM said... (11/21/10 8:48 PM) Reply
Very nice! You did a great job finishing all the edges, especially where the yarn comes out at the top. I hadn't seen this pattern - thanks for the review! The button is much better than velcro, as any knitter would know. I'm sure the lucky recipient will love this.
Renee' S said... (11/21/10 8:43 PM) Reply
That is so cute ! That was a really good idea to use a button instead of velcro, I'm sure somehow I could manage to get my yarn caught on the velcro. I just added this pattern to my wish list. I'll be making these for a few of my knitting buddies.

No Pattern Used No Pattern Used