Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2776 (mens pants)

Reviewed by:Beezer

Posted on:6/18/04 7:21 PM
Last Updated:6/18/04 7:39 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Beezer said... (7/12/04 7:27 AM) Reply
Hello Jay. Thanks! I'd have to say that the pattern is fairly slim fitting through the legs. I made adjustments to make them more loose fitting to suit my boyfriend's taste. His waist size called for a Medium, which had plenty of hip ease, and then I expanded the legs to size XL (he really likes his pants loose fitting in the legs - which I hate on him). So I would say that without adjustments, this pattern is fairly roomy in the hips but slim in the legs. I used a stiff twill so the pants weren't drapey at all.
Jay Cadiramen said... (7/10/04 4:02 AM) Reply
Beezer, I don't like baggy pants myself, but THESE LOOK GREAT! You did SUCH a good job! They look like RTW, which (to me, at least) is the highest accolade! It's no wonder he wants another pair (make him pay for the fabric though!). Despite your alterations, are these pants relatively slim fitting? I've never really considered this pattern before as the pictures makes it look very saggy and drapey, but your picture has changed my mind... I might give it a go!
els said... (6/19/04 5:39 PM) Reply
Great pants.
Beezer said... (6/19/04 1:55 PM) Reply

Beezer said... (6/19/04 1:55 PM) Reply
Beezer said... (6/19/04 1:52 PM) Reply

Beezer said... (6/19/04 1:49 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the compliments and encouragement. I was excited to discover PatternReview. None of my friends sew, so it is great to have found a sewing community to share and learn with. Hi Debbie, yes I loved AK Sew and Serge too. I live near Lake Wales and went there almost every week. I still haven't recovered from the loss.
Debbie Cook said... (6/19/04 12:57 PM) Reply
Hi Beezer, the pants look GREAT!! We must be neighbors if you shopped at AK S&S. Too bad they closed -- I loved that store!
cindyann said... (6/19/04 10:40 AM) Reply
Great looking pair of pants. I think my DH would enjoy a pair like this so I'm adding to my wish list. Great work.
Mini said... (6/19/04 7:41 AM) Reply
Congratulations! Menswear sewing is not the easiest, so I think you have advanced beyond beginner level by making this. Comparing the pattern to a finished pair that he likes was a good idea.
AnneM said... (6/19/04 6:27 AM) Reply
Very nice - not surprising your DF is pleased. I have had many "design opportunities" (ie, mistakes) in the few years I have been sewing. (P.S. Let's hear if for the Nature Conservancy! Great organization.)
Georgene said... (6/18/04 10:54 PM) Reply
KwikSew's 1/4" seam allowances are treacherous for wovens, I'd add for any KS pattern in woven. These look great! I won't be making them any time soon, I know that DH would be wanting me to make them all the time!
Millie said... (6/18/04 9:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I've been trying to buy DH cargo shorts but to no avail. This will be perfect for him.
sailonsilvergirl said... (6/18/04 9:40 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic! I have this pattern too, and have had the same problem of pocket flaps curving up on RTW. Good idea to use strip of velcro ... thanks!
TanyaMT said... (6/18/04 9:02 PM) Reply
These look just like DH's RTW pair (even the color). You did a great job.
Karla Kizer said... (6/18/04 8:28 PM) Reply
These pants look great. You must be very pleased that this more complicated project turned out so well; apparently your BF is, too. I think your recommendation about the velcro is a good one.
eleda said... (6/18/04 8:11 PM) Reply
You did a wonderful job. The pants look great.

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)