Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2408 (Oscar de la Renta)

Reviewed by:Marita Kinnula

About Marita Kinnulastar

Posted on:6/17/02 4:53 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
ncd said... (11/15/06 9:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you try the skirt? I find that the no-waist style is generally very comfortable in Talbot's clothes, so I am anticipating that the skirt will make this a really useful pattern! I am not sure how to make this unlined, as the lapel and collar have to show the inside pieces. Do you just add those pieces and finish the edges?
said... (7/2/02 2:46 PM) Reply
Thank you Rhonda! I think this is a pattern that suits everykind of bodytype, the jacket is loose and has no shaping except it's in A-line and that makes it quite forgiving.
said... (7/2/02 2:04 PM) Reply
That looks so classy! Glad it turned out so well for you!
said... (6/17/02 7:45 PM) Reply
Marita - Thanks for pointing out this pattern, one I had not really taken note of before. I think it might work well for me, since, like you (according to your profile) I am "5'4" and round". AND - I, too, managed to learn to sew by using a sewing machine without permission, sewing through a fingernail in the process. Again, thanks for the review and congratulations on producing a garment that gets compliments.
said... (6/17/02 6:52 PM) Reply
Marita, I love that pattern. I have it on my Patterns To Get When Joann's Is Having Pattern Sale list. That is really classy, and now I'm thrilled to know that you got beautiful clothes out of it!

Contest Travel Wardrobe Contest