Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3142 (Camp Shirts)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:6/20/04 7:18 PM
Last Updated:6/20/04 7:19 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Nikki said... (6/21/04 10:01 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I have to confess that I bought the lemon fabric (which IKEA was discontinuing) for my kitchen curtains, and had a bit left over. My shirt matches both the curtains and the coordinating oven mitts!
Debbie Cook said... (6/21/04 8:59 PM) Reply
Great shirts!! I really need to make some too. I love how you "time" your sewing -- 2.5 CDs. LOL!
JeanetteE said... (6/21/04 7:06 PM) Reply
Love your shirts Nikki. I got a chuckle (or was it a snort?) when I read that particular rolled sleeve technique was back in fashion. I have a few in my closet from the 80's (or is the 70's) that I held onto. Glad to know that I can wear them again!
Lou. said... (6/21/04 6:15 PM) Reply
Love the car fabric Nikki, and can't believe you had the patience to sew one after the other! They look great.
SouthernStitch said... (6/21/04 1:11 PM) Reply
Great shirts Nikki. These are exactly what I need to be sewing, I just never seem to get to it. I love your fabrics - the lemons are very timely with yellow being so in style right now.
Neefer said... (6/21/04 10:59 AM) Reply
Wow! Excellent job, especially on the car one.
drsue said... (6/21/04 9:40 AM) Reply
Wow.
AnneM said... (6/21/04 7:38 AM) Reply
Hmm, this might be fun to get for the machine instructions! Great lemon top; too cute.
CatherineG said... (6/21/04 7:32 AM) Reply
I've been hoping for a review on this one. I have made the men's version with great success. Now I need to make one for myself.
PVA said... (6/20/04 11:48 PM) Reply
What great shirts! I love all of them! Thanks for the review -- I've probably got to have this pattern!
Mini said... (6/20/04 10:57 PM) Reply
This looks like a wonderful basic hot weather shirt. I have made the men's version many times, but hadn't thought of trying this one until I saw your pics. I like all your fabric choices, esp. the lemons.
sewsue said... (6/20/04 8:46 PM) Reply
lovely collection of shirts! Thanks for the idea of making tie to hold the sleeve up when rolled, very nice touch.

Favorite Things Sleep Well Pattern