Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin
Misses Sizes (Bust 30" - 44.5")] [Women's sizes (Bust 43" - 55")]">Fit the Tee to a T Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5571 (Misses' Robe, Belt, Top, Gown and Pants)

Reviewed by:Auntie Allyn

About Auntie Allynstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 3/18/08
Posted on:11/28/10 4:30 PM

See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear
Auntie Allyn said... (8/14/12 11:11 AM) Reply
Tina, yes, I meant a slit. I lengthened the nightgown by six inches, then left 8 inches open on one side for ease. I then added a 3" ruffle around the bottom. I picked up the cotton lawn years ago, I think from Fashion Fabrics Club; they often have really fabulous sales, and I think this fabric was just a few dollars a yard.
Tina Rathbone said... (8/13/12 5:41 PM) Reply
Question: by opening up the side seam, do you mean a slit? Or you added those inches to the pattern? If a slit, how high did you take it, from above the ruffle up? Please see your flicker site for my raves over this gorgeous project.
JETrinity said... (11/29/10 8:28 PM) Reply
Oh, I love your ruffles and the length. The fabric is so perfect. If you get tired of this outfit, send it my way. I am in love with it.
cmarie12 said... (11/28/10 7:29 PM) Reply
I love the fabric you choose for this! You will never be embarassed wearing this lovely gown if you have to run from the house quickly in the event of an emergency! :)
Carol Mendoza said... (11/28/10 4:55 PM) Reply
Yes, I like the ruffle better than the wide lace! Great job. It looks very comfortable.

by: jnageotte