Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2723 (Oscar de la Renta skirt)

Reviewed by:jlg

About jlgstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/03
Posted on:6/21/04 7:19 AM
Last Updated:6/21/04 7:23 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Vesta Patterns

cynthia w said... (6/23/04 2:29 PM) Reply
beautiful skirt! and yes, is addictive. where do you live that it is so green!? i've always lived in the dry arid west...sigh...
Debbie Cook said... (6/21/04 9:17 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt! Very feminine and summery. I wouldn't worry a whole lot about the wrinkles ... that's what linen is supposed to do!! Now, do I go look at Zappos or do I try to enlist some self-control ... tick, tick, tick ...
JeanetteE said... (6/21/04 7:31 PM) Reply
VERY cute skirt jlg, both sexy & demure. Hancocks has Vogue on sale this week. I will be looking for this pattern.
AnneM said... (6/21/04 6:57 PM) Reply
Great review, nice looking skirt. Sounds like a good pattern for both a learning experience and a nice outfit!
Danvillegirl said... (6/21/04 3:57 PM) Reply
Lovely skirt. Love the pleats. I may have to give this a try. May have to give Zappos a try also. I am addicteed to shoes.
Lisette said... (6/21/04 2:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt, I have been considering this pattern, just waiting for next sale at Joann's
MaryBeth said... (6/21/04 2:22 PM) Reply
cool, jlg, I'd consider making it based on your review if no pleat moving is involved!! unfortunately I was looking at linen, too. hmmmm. Thanks a bunch
KarenP said... (6/21/04 12:21 PM) Reply
I LOVE this pattern and am so excited to see a review for it! Your skirt is beautiful.
jlg said... (6/21/04 12:20 PM) Reply
Mary Beth, I didn't make enough changes to even call it an alteration. The pleats stayed right where the pattern had them. If I had had to do something with them, I would have put the pattern right back in the closet. Liana, I don't think that I'll make the jacket. I don't like that kind of collar on me.
MaryBeth said... (6/21/04 11:50 AM) Reply
I love this pattern, jlg. Did you have any trouble moving the pleats to accomodate your sizing alterations? That always gives me the jitters!
Liana said... (6/21/04 11:02 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt. I always wonder about pleating linen. It looks so great at first, but then the wrinkles...Will you be making the jacket?
PVA said... (6/21/04 10:06 AM) Reply
Very nice job on the pleats! Thanks for this review -- it really is helpful to get the heads up on an element of the directions that's not correct! I like the top, too.
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/21/04 9:46 AM) Reply
Very nice! You did a great job on the pleats. I second the recommendation for Zappos. Talk about a shoe lover's paradise! -Ann
jlg said... (6/21/04 9:35 AM) Reply
Thanks guys for the nice comments. Cindyann, I just used a tracing wheel and paper; it didn't show through the fabric. By the way, I recommend making pleats out of something besides linen, even a blend, because I am already a wrinkley mess from behind even though the front isn't wrinkling too badly.
drsue said... (6/21/04 9:33 AM) Reply
What an interesting pattern. You did a great job and it looks excellent. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It looks like pleats are coming back into style.
Asa Hagstrom said... (6/21/04 9:21 AM) Reply
Really nice skirt, jlg! The pleats make it look special.
Hilary said... (6/21/04 9:10 AM) Reply
That's a beatiful skirt, I really like the pleats! They came out great, you'd never know it was your first try at pleats. I really like that jacket, too~it does look hard though :o) Thanks for the review!
Sew it seams said... (6/21/04 9:08 AM) Reply
Very pretty skirt. That shirt jacket looks like it would be nice, too. Thanks for the thourough review and the "heads-up" on the incorrect drawing. That will save some time. (I always spend too much time trying to decide whether or not something is incorrect in the pattern or I just don't understand it.)
cindyann said... (6/21/04 8:32 AM) Reply
Very nice skirt. I really like the pleats and the waist treatment. What technique do you use to mark your fabric for stitching and matching?

Storm Mountain Designs 14