Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1214 (Misses' Top, Belt And Leggings)

Reviewed by:annie11

About annie11starstarstarstar
IL United States
Member since: 3/3/06
Posted on:11/29/10 11:48 AM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
Ruth Designs said... (6/22/11 10:34 PM) Reply
I love how your vest came out. You did an excellent job!
Patchoulie said... (5/28/11 12:21 PM) Reply
Excellent job! I have purchased this pattern with the intent of not making the 'jetson's tails' with it, I am so happy to see a sample without them!
Hilary said... (12/6/10 12:41 PM) Reply
I think both ways look great too-And I think the leggings are fine-they look good and you can pull them off easily! I am adding this to my wishlist :o)
sewbehind said... (12/1/10 6:44 PM) Reply
Cute as a button. Liked it both ways. Great work.
waltzqueen said... (12/1/10 10:33 AM) Reply
This piece looks terrific, especially the way you have styled it. I think deleting the godets was a good idea. They would probably work better in a filmier fabric for summer. This is definitely a terrific wardrobe extender!
nicegirl said... (11/30/10 11:22 AM) Reply
I think removing the back godets was a good call, makes it a more wearable garment. Very sharp piece--I love it with the blouse you've chosen here.
Ellenatlga said... (11/30/10 7:03 AM) Reply
Oh my! I had passed up this pattern because of the way the model was wearing are totally rocking this look, much nicer than the pattern picture.
Erin D said... (11/30/10 0:11 AM) Reply
I really like your changes-it looks great with your jeans.
Barbara V said... (11/29/10 10:27 PM) Reply
Your top looks great on you. I agree, the lines are really nice plus I like the large collar. I have been admiring it.
VirginiasDghter said... (11/29/10 7:23 PM) Reply
Very stylish and very well made! I love it! Nice work!
SueV said... (11/29/10 6:36 PM) Reply
very nice. I'm finishing up my second ver of this using a plaid. I like the leggings with it too.
annie11 said... (11/29/10 5:21 PM) Reply
One reason I found the godets awkward is that they didn't fit under coats well- either they stuck out from a too short jacket, or they made a longer jacket look lumpy. This pattern could work best for warmer weather when you don't need a coat. Their recommended fabrics are lightweight denim, cotton sateen and lightweight wool flannel. I think I might try it again in the Spring with one of those and keep the godets.
Aroura said... (11/29/10 2:49 PM) Reply
Wow, so cute! I like both ways, but I can see why you removed the back flaps. They look nice, but they must feel odd. Great finished vest!
FloraNature said... (11/29/10 1:55 PM) Reply
I prefer it as a vest without the godets too. I think it looks great that way!
Christas said... (11/29/10 1:36 PM) Reply
I ALMOST bought this pattern at the last pattern sale. Now I am kicking myself that I didn't. I think you can pull off wearing this with the leggings ...... looks very cute on you! I also like the "new" way you have styled the pattern too.
RLL said... (11/29/10 1:15 PM) Reply
I like it with and without the back panels also, but can understand when something doesn't 'feel' right. The leggings looks fine also for whatever you choose to wear them with.
Anniinbc said... (11/29/10 12:29 PM) Reply
Honestly, I liked the flaps and with the leggings. It's interesting how we second guess ourselves. But, I like the new version as well.
Anniinbc said... (11/29/10 12:29 PM) Reply
AnneMarie60 said... (11/29/10 12:19 PM) Reply
I like it with and without the elongated back panel pieces! Love your final version with the lovely blouse and skinny jeans! I am adding this pattern to my online cart!