Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6735 (Misses Knit Cardigan Tops Pant)

Reviewed by:goosegreen

About goosegreenstarstarstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 1/9/05

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:11/29/10 5:45 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts
Re Becca said... (12/30/10 7:29 PM) Reply
very cool! I am so glad that you were able to find a garment in a fabric that you liked and had enough to actually make something that looks that fabulous!
Lucy in Virginia said... (12/3/10 3:23 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric! The many colors should make you possibilities endless for you Endless Combinations contest!
JEF said... (12/1/10 10:09 AM) Reply
Super top and so very clever!
mssewcrazy said... (12/1/10 6:49 AM) Reply
I love the top-great redo!
susiestitcher said... (12/1/10 6:39 AM) Reply
What a great top you have created! Having made costumes from re-made thrift store finds, you were so smart to find the fabric you wanted and re-cut into the exact style you wanted. Bravo. It looks great! I echo your frustrations that some seasons, it seems impossible to find fabric in my color choices.
o3b said... (12/1/10 4:43 AM) Reply
P.S. My kids and I were reading about Australia today and came across a pic of Chinatown in Melbourne - There was a Target store right in front! We thought that was funny...of all the things you could photograph....
o3b said... (12/1/10 4:40 AM) Reply
I loved reading that your neckline was an accident. I went to look at the line drawing specifically to see if it had the gathers that I thought I saw in your pic...there were none. So imagine my surprise to see that the very thing I loved was an accident. Great top, great colors, and it looks so good on you.
1SewSweet said... (11/30/10 7:27 PM) Reply
This is a gorgeous top! and how clever of you to think of this. Great results!!
RLL said... (11/30/10 1:16 PM) Reply
Great job!
anika said... (11/30/10 1:04 PM) Reply
Another great top. You turned that fabric into something really lovely to look at.
Sew4Fun said... (11/30/10 0:08 AM) Reply
Great refashion and good save with the neckline.
Skye said... (11/29/10 9:41 PM) Reply
love your top and what a great idea to re-fashion a garment from ugly to v pretty. You have put a dangerous idea in my head now :)
Miranda said... (11/29/10 8:45 PM) Reply
Goosegreen, well done! The top looks fabulous. I know it was accidental, but I think your neckline booboo worked out brilliantly!
mary in FL said... (11/29/10 8:34 PM) Reply
I love your "fabric" find!
Schnauzer said... (11/29/10 8:21 PM) Reply
I love how you have re-modelled the neckline. Very nice!
booran said... (11/29/10 8:17 PM) Reply
Brilliant job - The top looks fabulous
homejewel said... (11/29/10 7:35 PM) Reply
Isn't this the greatest pattern? I've done the same thing with a top that I purchased too large because the colors were perfect to wear for my piano accompanying work. I may have done this twice now. I try to keep the same RTW neckline to save even more time. Great job and way to think outside the box to get a top in the fabric that you love.
valerie sews said... (11/29/10 7:24 PM) Reply
Great makeover! From frumpo dress to fab top.
RadarRadiance said... (11/29/10 6:45 PM) Reply
Great job, this is a very nice pattern for you and great redue using that neat fabric!
crazygrad said... (11/29/10 6:26 PM) Reply
Awesome print!
frame said... (11/29/10 6:03 PM) Reply
I think it looks great. The colors are beautiful. I didn't know you had Target stores in Australia!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2005-101B