Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1047 (Vintage Hot patterns Miss Moneypenny Pussycat Blouse)

Reviewed by:Andreahg

Last Updated:12/1/10 11:42 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
AnneMarie60 said... (12/1/10 3:55 PM) Reply
The blouse looks great on you, and I love the rich fabric!
Maggiedoll said... (12/1/10 2:48 PM) Reply
That is really pretty; it's a shame that the fabric gave you so much trouble, it looks so nice! That always sucks when a pretty fabric doesn't sew or press well!
pterion said... (12/1/10 12:38 PM) Reply
Sorry the fabric gave you trouble but the style is really lovely on you. I've had this pattern a long time too and it might be time to look at it again.
clio59 said... (12/1/10 9:11 AM) Reply
It's lovely - very feminine and chic. I agree that it looks great without the collar.
Andreahg said... (12/1/10 8:19 AM) Reply
My dressform's bust is lower than mine. On me, it fits perfectly.
Kayabunga said... (12/1/10 7:37 AM) Reply
I like the no collar look as well. A happy accident. :) This pattern is in my stash too but I didn't make it up because the bow is a bit too dressy for "work at home" fashion. Thanks to your review, you gave it a whole new look. I suspect you would love your blouse if the fabric cooperated, maybe give it another go with a less combative one. Thanks for your insights.
fuzzygalore said... (12/1/10 6:59 AM) Reply
Better indeed without the bow :-). I know they're fashionable, but I was alive in the 80s.. I would have done a FBA though. You don't need it in width, but from the photo it looks like you could use a bit of upper-body length.
Margaret said... (12/1/10 4:33 AM) Reply
I like it without the collar too! I have this pattern and I'm not a big fan of the bell sleeves either, so it's nice to see how you changed them.
Leora said... (12/1/10 1:55 AM) Reply
You know, I like that without the collar! Nicely done.
michellep74 said... (11/30/10 7:27 PM) Reply
I've had this pattern in my stash forever but still haven't made it. The lack of detailed instructions don't bother me--but I'm very encouraged to hear how well this fit you. Maybe I should finally make it up!
FreyaStark said... (11/30/10 5:10 PM) Reply
I'm sorry your experience was disappointing. It looks like a nice pattern. May the next one be more successful!
crazygrad said... (11/30/10 4:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for the insight on the fabric. I have that fabric in a different colorway. I like the blouse though!

All About Linings
All About Linings

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

SewBaby Comfy-Alls and Knit Shirt Pattern