Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Elizabeth Lee Sunrise Designs> 205 (Nursing Classics - Tops)

Reviewed by:QuiltsShoots&Leaves

About QuiltsShoots&Leaves
United States
Member since: 10/25/05
Posted on:12/2/10 8:33 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
MagnoliaHoney said... (7/7/11 11:35 AM) Reply
Good to know about the extra fabric. I went to the store the other day to buy fabric for a skirt, and the skirt fabric lent it self to another fabric for a shirt and immediately thought I would make this shirt, however, I didn't have the pattern with me so didn't know how much to get, I got 2 yards.....for the sleeveless one I needed 2.5 yards. ACK! I hope it will work out.

Any way you see I'm back, I'm pregnant again with number 3. haha So here I am making more clothing, and scanning the site for fresh ideas.
MagnoliaHoney said... (12/12/10 1:02 PM) Reply
I love Michael Miller fabrics! Thanks for letting me know. I don't do "combos either" on fabrics, as I like the more modern and sophisticated look of just one fabric per a pattern. what I meant by combo was the fabric chosen to the specific ELD pattern. As what is pictured on the ELD website is very dated! I hope to eventually see a picture of this finished. But, do fully understand. I have 2 children, and am helping my parents with theirs (8 still living at home! Youngest of my siblings is 8 years old, my youngest is only 9 months, and then I have a 4 year old etc). We just moved half way across country, from NYC to Kansas. So I can fully understand if she doesn't have time to take a photo. lol However, I sure would love to see one!
QuiltsShoots&Leaves said... (12/12/10 11:44 AM) Reply
My daughter may send me a photo if she has time. But with a new baby, 2 other kids under 4, and a move coming up, I'm not holding my breath! I used just one fabric for the top (not a combo) since I wasn't able to get my daughter's input in advance. I used a knit with a dark gray background and light gray flowers with bright magenta centers; the selvage says "CI4360 Blossoms by Patty Young for Michael Miller". It seemed busy enough on its own but if I'd had a gray solid I might have used that for the overlay.
MagnoliaHoney said... (12/12/10 0:25 AM) Reply
I just made my first ELD pattern (a nursing slip) and i would love to see a picture of the top you made your daughter. I am trying to get some "updated" fabric combos to do with the ELD patterns to update their looks a bit. So would love to have a visual of what others have chosen for fabrics with these patterns.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2009-149