Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 9559 (design your own dress)

Reviewed by:jen_e

About jen_estar
OH USA
Member since: 5/19/04
Posted on:6/24/04 1:29 PM
Last Updated:6/29/04 5:28 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
KimP said... (7/2/04 8:22 AM) Reply
Very nice, Jen. I love this pattern myself. I have made two dresses of view D and four more of two other views for my mother and myself. The dress is supposed to have tie backs, which I eliminated. I discovered this pattern runs big, so I just cut out a size two sizes smaller than I usually wear. For example, I usually wear a 12, so I cut out myself an 8 and my mother usually wears a 16 and I make her the 12. I've made my mother three dresses - two of the v neck and one of the sweetheart neckline. I have another one cut out right now for her birthday. She prefers that I make a sash to go around her waist and it compliments the dress wonderfully. My favorite dress pattern, ever. Y'all should give it a try.
JDpenelope said... (7/1/04 6:40 AM) Reply
Looks like you got a good fit with your alterations, if the dress form is a good indicator. Nice job.
AuntieShel said... (6/30/04 12:41 PM) Reply
Adorable dress!!
D1Diva said... (6/30/04 8:56 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress and fabric. Sometimes bargain fabric ends up making the best projects. Spaghetti straps would look really cute too.
PVA said... (6/29/04 7:43 PM) Reply
Wonderful dress -- I really like the skirt, and it looks like your pleats are very nicely done. Thanks for the review!
jlg said... (6/29/04 5:44 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. I like the skirt part.

by: Jstarr4250