Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1004 (Misses' Fitting Shell)

Reviewed by:rmusic1

Posted on:12/13/10 9:19 AM
Last Updated:12/13/10 9:22 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
WhyNotSewIt said... (4/14/13 9:48 PM) Reply
Nice fabric choice and upper body fit! If it helps, it looks like lengthening the waist length on the bodice might help the skirt fit better. About tracing paper -just received my first order of excellent, large sheets of it from richardthethread.com based on suggestions from a Susan Khalje class.
tatica said... (12/27/10 6:35 PM) Reply
I think you could use your sloper on a dress form. Your detailed review has encouraged me to try it.
Lizzytish said... (12/14/10 9:55 AM) Reply
Thank you for your very detailed review. Your hard work will pay off for future fittings/alterations. It's also a useful source for other beginner sewists (me!) to see how patience pays off in the long run. I especially like your idea about taking shots back shots with your web cam! I'll try that too! Well done rmusic1.
nicegirl said... (12/13/10 1:51 PM) Reply
Congratulations on getting this done! I am sure you will refer to it for years to come.
pterion said... (12/13/10 1:32 PM) Reply
This is a really good accomplishment! I just know this sloper will be so helpful to you when altering patterns to fit. I'm glad to hear that it's already helped you with your coat.
waltzqueen said... (12/9/10 1:08 PM) Reply
Good for you! I've thought about doing this forever, but of course the pattern is still in the envelope. You dress fits beautifully, as all you future dresses will!
Sarsez said... (12/8/10 11:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this. I'd love to see the finished shell and I'd love to know how you go applying it to patterns.

Sewing Workshop Tamari Apron Pattern