Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2007-119 (Burda Petite Audrey Coat)

Reviewed by:Terri A

About Terri Astarstarstarstar
Member since: 1/16/08

Posted on:1/1/11 7:51 PM
Last Updated:1/9/11 7:45 PM
Pattern Size:Petite

Knitters Delight said... (1/12/11 6:11 PM) Reply
Nicely done! This coat is fantastic - from the color to the buttons.
JuneHawk said... (1/3/11 1:03 PM) Reply
I love it! I have that issue of Burda and I"m going to have another look now for other patterns. If I didn't live in South Florida I would make that coat.
simplystitches said... (1/2/11 11:38 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning coat!
AnitaJJ said... (1/2/11 8:38 PM) Reply
Spectacularly gorgeous coat. Thank you for all the wonderful detail in your review.
MNBarb said... (1/2/11 8:32 PM) Reply
I love this perfectly fitted orange coat. It is so unique and beautiful!
ginnie.wise said... (1/2/11 8:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely stunning!
michellep74 said... (1/2/11 6:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat!
janet said... (1/2/11 5:33 PM) Reply
This coat is truly a thing of BEAUTY! Excellent TAILORING! Your DD is one LUCKY girl!
Terri A said... (1/2/11 5:08 PM) Reply
I edited my review above to reflect that as well. Thanks CarolynGM:-)
CarolynGM said... (1/2/11 5:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat and outstanding review. That is a very unusual sleeve treatment that looks almost like set-in sleeves.
Terri A said... (1/2/11 1:35 PM) Reply
Hi fuzzygalore, since Burda called it raglan, I just stuck with that... Maybe to Burda it's a raglan style, who knows... The pattern also called for raglan shoulder pads.Very interesting... Thanks for mentioning this. :-) Actually, I see what it is. The raglan element is inherent to the fact that you sew from the sleeve hem all the way up to the neckline. There is no separate shoulder seam. It only appears that way in the photos.... The review is edited above to reflect that the sleeves are not truly Raglan, and not cut on in any way, but a clever "set-in variation" with a seam running the whole top length of the seam to the neckline!
Beek said... (1/2/11 12:50 PM) Reply
Great coat! I love that color.
becca a said... (1/2/11 9:21 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous coat! Your daughter is lovely in it. How lucky she is to have such a lovely custom coat.
Sharonspils said... (1/2/11 5:43 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous coat and thank your daughter for posing for all the wonderfull photographs.
fuzzygalore said... (1/2/11 5:19 AM) Reply
Very nice coat, and excellent color :-). Raglan sleeves reach to the neck, so these are merely cut-in. Also, what you looked up was the US definition of knit velours. What Burda means in wool coatings is a brushed melton so the surface is fuzzier, rather than a crisp finish.
Terri A said... (1/2/11 2:29 AM) Reply
Thx everyone and haha yeah I want the coat too. My dd is soooo tiny that I'm sure it won't fit me, but I told her IF she ever doesn't want it - I want it back in case I could ever fit in it!!!! Thx again, you guys always encourage/help me to keep going with my sewing projects.
homejewel said... (1/2/11 2:07 AM) Reply
Can I just cut to the chase? I WANT this coat :) Stunning!
Lori V said... (1/1/11 11:46 PM) Reply
Gorgeous.
mesewlot said... (1/1/11 11:33 PM) Reply
Very nice coat, I'm in love with those buttons!
MaryDB said... (1/1/11 11:32 PM) Reply
So nice. Well-deserved extra sewing satisfaction!
ChristineX said... (1/1/11 11:20 PM) Reply
Great coat! Like you, I'm nowhere near done with Burda, just for reasons like this coat!
21wale said... (1/1/11 9:37 PM) Reply
Wow, gorgeous coat! I love the color and the buttons.
Annette1 said... (1/1/11 8:26 PM) Reply
GREAT review, information-packed. And the COAT ... well, it's just beautiful, as if your daughter. Your fabric choice was perfect, the color is delicious, and there are so many lovely details, including those buttons. :o)
Terri A said... (12/17/10 1:20 AM) Reply
I have yet to finish it but am working hard! Thanks for the kind comments!
AdaH said... (12/17/10 1:11 AM) Reply
sorry double post.
AdaH said... (12/17/10 1:11 AM) Reply
very good review. Great looking coat
Sharonspils said... (12/15/10 10:08 PM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed review, this coat is on my wishlist and I'm sure your daughter will be thrilled with the end result.
Christas said... (12/15/10 4:01 PM) Reply
This is coming along beautifully! I am sure that your daughter will love it, and if she doesn't ....... send it to ME!!! The coat really is gorgeous, and I love the color! :-)
Terri A said... (12/14/10 8:46 PM) Reply
Thanks both of you. I wanted to include as much info as possible because of the Burda instructions. It is intimidating for people to do so much tracing and then not be sure of the instructions or how it will all work out:-)
KensingtonCrab said... (12/14/10 6:05 AM) Reply
How beautiful! Your DD is very lucky!
Athene said... (12/14/10 2:00 AM) Reply
A gorgeous coat - I have to take the time to read your review carefully - you have included so much valuable detail.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2005-101B