Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2009-112 (Corset Waist Pencil Skirt)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:12/10/10 11:08 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
wsm2408 said... (12/16/10 5:35 AM) Reply
That looks fabulous and I am bright green with envy. Go girl it suits you and the colour rocks. Tuck in while you can and enjoy being young. Merry xmas
French.Seam said... (12/14/10 6:57 AM) Reply
This skirt really works on you, it really shortens your top half and lengthens your legs
janet said... (12/12/10 12:01 PM) Reply
Great outfit--this pink is your color--you OWN IT! Love it with your black/pink multi-color print blouse.
ChristinePDX said... (12/11/10 1:05 PM) Reply
Based on the photos, I think it looks great, however, I get your perspective having made this skirt when it first came out. It just seemed too high-waisted (and was very tight) and in person it just didn't look right somehow, I thought it was my body type and style. It has lingered in my closet unworn.
Christas said... (12/11/10 12:37 PM) Reply
So cute! I agree, keep that shirt tucked IN! It looks very flattering on you!
susiestitcher said... (12/11/10 8:19 AM) Reply
I love your skirt and am SO envious that you have the waist to wear it! I do not think it is too high at all. The hot pink color is a terrific choice and the blouse definitely looks wonderful tucked in! I so appreciate your posts with all your beautiful outfits for the inspiration they give me.
FreyaStark said... (12/11/10 0:04 AM) Reply
I agree; I think it looks chic and snazzy.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (12/10/10 10:08 PM) Reply
Great skirt - I have made this skirt and love this pattern!
SewWil said... (12/10/10 3:13 PM) Reply
Here's another vote for the tucked in blouse. Beautiful skirt. Fits you very well. Great color
fabricdancer said... (12/10/10 2:59 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous with the tops and love the skinny black belt. I don't think it's dated at all. Looks great! (I, too, vote for tucked in blouse.) What is the blouse (black/pink/white) pattern?
Lili123 said... (12/10/10 2:29 PM) Reply
the fit is perfect and the color gorgeous
pterion said... (12/10/10 2:15 PM) Reply
I love this look. I think you should wear it with blouse tucked in. The lines really suit you.
Mufffet said... (12/10/10 2:01 PM) Reply
CUTE cute cute....love the color - IN now for 2011 as another thread on the boards tells us. ;)
marjoriekh said... (12/10/10 1:11 PM) Reply
I was just reading on the message boards about the Pantone color of the year -- and I think this skirt is it. So even if the waistline is dated, the color is hot. Although I love the waistline -- looks great on you, and I like it with the skinny belt.
persevering said... (12/10/10 12:29 PM) Reply
Thanks for your great review and blog posting! How complimentary to your figure (ooh - any tips on exercises to get one's waist like yours) and how lovely with the blouses you have perfectly paired with your beautiful skirt.
dreamsofquilting said... (12/10/10 12:25 PM) Reply
I don't see that it's dated at all...fits you perfect and looks great..I say wear it just as you have in the picture..many compliments to come..
petro said... (12/10/10 12:08 PM) Reply
I like this on you, and don't think it comes across as too exaggerated a look, with the tucked in blouse. The belt you have with it gives enough of a line at the true waist imo.
Izzie said... (12/10/10 11:53 AM) Reply
That is cute and flattering too. I think it looks great the way you've styled it...c'mon, keep that shirt IN!
crazygrad said... (12/10/10 11:22 AM) Reply
I think it looks great on you.

by: HanPanda