Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1202 (Misses' Top And Skirt)

Reviewed by:Ghainskom

About Ghainskomstarstar
Member since: 12/15/08
Posted on:12/21/10 2:49 PM
Last Updated:12/21/10 3:43 PM
ak21 said... (4/6/11 5:06 PM) Reply
i think you did a great job! i really think this is one of those patterns which has to be done with both the fabric & colour choice just right otherwise it could end up a hot mess! well done for your courage. ive had this on the pile for some time but im still scared to give it a go....eeeck
Bonnie123 said... (3/9/11 12:25 PM) Reply
I am embarking on this venture. My fabric is not the thinnest; however, I think a thin fabric would look cheap. What are your thoughts on fabric choice?
ClioBklyn said... (2/3/11 1:23 PM) Reply
Fantastic!
waltzqueen said... (1/6/11 12:39 PM) Reply
Well done! the skirt looks wonderful!
UrbanSeamstress said... (1/2/11 3:25 AM) Reply
"Call me crazy, but I think this skirt would be a fantastic and stylish maternity garment." I'm not calling you crazy, because this is exactly what I've been thinking ever since I first laid eyes on the pattern. You've convinced me to get it. Thank you for your fine review!
ggf2005 said... (12/23/10 11:38 AM) Reply
I'm glad that you hung in there and got this one done. You are working that skirt! It's beautiful!
Lucy in Virginia said... (12/22/10 2:31 PM) Reply
Very unique and the color is lovely. From the front, looks like a simple pencil skirt, but the back is very unusual. Great skirt!
lesliez said... (12/22/10 1:13 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt. Lovely color.
no7262 said... (12/22/10 7:43 AM) Reply
Looks great! Love it! Nora :)
Athene said... (12/22/10 1:26 AM) Reply
Fabulous skirt and lovely color. Thank you so much for the review as I have been curious about this pattern for quite sometime.
Erica B. said... (12/22/10 1:02 AM) Reply
I'm glad you made this. I've had this pattern pulled out for a while and I don't think it's me. It seems very "sarong-like". Glad you like it though.
ImListening said... (12/21/10 9:30 PM) Reply
Thank you for this review. The pattern is in my stash, but I've been intimidated by it. you've given me confidence. Thanks especially for the sizing info and the note on the possibility of wearing it backward. I think the top could look quite nice on a large bust. I think the sleeves would balance all that pleating at the waist just fine. Your skirt looks wonderful on you.
mylittleelephant said... (12/21/10 8:03 PM) Reply
I am not sure if this suits to my figure but you sold me on this, very, very, nice.
Sarsez said... (12/21/10 5:03 PM) Reply
I think you've done the skirt and fabric justice. Looks really good.
Beek said... (12/21/10 3:55 PM) Reply
Really interesting skirt! Very stylish.
Twinset said... (12/21/10 3:43 PM) Reply